Fri, Mar 29, 3:19 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd, donnena, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Feb 28 7:20 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Poser and Mac Monterey OS

mickale ( ) posted Wed, 10 November 2021 at 9:44 AM · edited Thu, 21 March 2024 at 8:07 PM

Has anyone tried, or know, if Poser 12 will operate on the latest Mac OS Monterey?

thanks

an0malaus ( ) posted Sun, 14 November 2021 at 10:47 AM · edited Thu, 09 December 2021 at 7:34 AM

I have a new mac on the way, which I expect to ship with Monterey. I will confirm Poser 12 myself unless I can find someone else who's already upgraded.
Both my current machines are running Big Sur, but they are 2011 and 2013 legacy hardware, so need the Open Core Legacy Patcher to run that.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

an0malaus ( ) posted Mon, 15 November 2021 at 1:48 AM · edited Thu, 09 December 2021 at 7:34 AM

I have one report that Poser 12 does work in Monterey, though there are some possible issues with multiple monitors and their arrangement causing Poser crashes. That appeared to be resolved by resetting the monitor arrangement to what Poser was previously using, if I understand correctly.

Poser has for quite some time had issues with multiple monitors and following changes in their arrangement (connect/disconnect, move within viewport, etc.) when Poser windows had been saved via memory dot or UI layout on those secondary monitors. They tend to get dumped back on the main display as a failsafe catchall, which can be annoying at times.

In any case, it seems that Poser 12 is mainly compatible, with the above exceptions noted.

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.

mickale ( ) posted Tue, 16 November 2021 at 10:45 AM · edited Thu, 09 December 2021 at 7:34 AM

great, thanks for the info.

HartyBart ( ) posted Wed, 08 December 2021 at 4:16 PM · edited Thu, 09 December 2021 at 7:34 AM

I read that Apple issued a .1 'upgrade' for Monterey, and elsewhere on the forum one such user says Poser 11 won't launch now. Probably best to stick with an OS that you know 100% works with Poser and Python, rather than be Apple's test-bunnies for their latest-and-greatest.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Patlabor_3D ( ) posted Fri, 10 December 2021 at 5:41 AM

I'm running both Poser 11 and Poser 12 on my 2017 Intel iMac with Big Sur (11.6.1) and my M1 Max MacBook Pro with Monterey (12.0.1). I can confirm both versions of Poser run super smooth on both operating systems.

What @an0malaus said about multiple displays is true. If I'm using Poser 12 on my primary iMac display the rendering progress dialog box sometimes appears on my second display. Same with the 'Image Source' dialog box on the Image Map node in the Material room. These are minor inconveniences in my workflow. Otherwise I'm really enjoying the stability and speed of Poser 12 on Mac.

PS. Rendering with Adaptive Sampling in Poser 12 is noticeably faster on the M1 Max. I can only imagine how fast it will be if/when we get Metal support!

mr.jones ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2022 at 4:51 AM

I have just upgraded to Monterey on an Intel Mac Mini and Poser 11 is running as it did on Catalina, with two (so far) annoying exceptions.

1: The window greys out when calculating dynamic clothing, which means you can't see what is happening until the final frame.

2: In Firefly, the window greys out as soon as you click on it to do an area render, making it difficult to be precise with the area of the render.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.