Wed, Apr 17, 7:21 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 17 11:28 am)

Subject: Poser Pro 11/2014 Network Rendering

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Thu, 16 April 2020 at 9:30 PM · edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 2:10 PM

Ok, so how do I do this? With the new Win10 build apparently you can't setup a sharing network, or at least from what I am reading it's damn near impossible now. I want to use the network que feature to try and speed up my rendering by using slave computer

Eddy

PREECHER ( ) posted Mon, 20 September 2021 at 4:22 PM

So do I,  I have windows 10 also.  I just did a test with a short animation.  my main computer with poser did all the rendering.  i opened QM on two other machines and they seem to recognize they are connected.  they all show command port 448 and discovery port 11523 and they both say 1 procs available but they aren't rendering anything so only the main computer did any rendering.  So i set my firewall for my private network.  I found some post that perhaps suggest you have to allow on private and public network for it to work which is confusing.   please some clarification!?!

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2021 at 12:04 PM

@Eddy:     As far as I know, it isn't necessary to have all the machines in a home group, and I don't think it is necessary to have file/folder sharing enabled.

My machines are all Win7 64bit.  I have run many batch lists via Queue Manager 12 and many animations as well.  It works fine.   Likewise for Q11, Q10, etc. 

I have no machines with Win10 (or Win11, which is already out in the wild).

Basically, install Poser on the workstation, and install only Queue Manager on the remotes (aka "render slaves").  Use installers with the same build number (i.e., Poser and Queue build numbers should be the same).  The first time that you run Queue, your firewall will prompt you for firewall permissions for Queue and FFRender64.  Be sure to give them both firewall permission.  You'll have to do this for each remote (render slave machine).

See this thread on  P11 Q networking.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2021 at 3:12 PM
seachnasaigh posted at 12:04 PM Tue, 21 September 2021 - #4427809

@Eddy:     As far as I know, it isn't necessary to have all the machines in a home group, and I don't think it is necessary to have file/folder sharing enabled.

My machines are all Win7 64bit.  I have run many batch lists via Queue Manager 12 and many animations as well.  It works fine.   Likewise for Q11, Q10, etc. 

I have no machines with Win10 (or Win11, which is already out in the wild).

Basically, install Poser on the workstation, and install only Queue Manager on the remotes (aka "render slaves").  Use installers with the same build number (i.e., Poser and Queue build numbers should be the same).  The first time that you run Queue, your firewall will prompt you for firewall permissions for Queue and FFRender64.  Be sure to give them both firewall permission.  You'll have to do this for each remote (render slave machine).

See this thread on  P11 Q networking.

Win 7 is vastly different from Win 10. Networking did work up until I believe it was Windows 10 Build 1609.. after that it was, and still is, completely broken. 

Eddy

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 21 September 2021 at 3:33 PM

Hmm, if this is broken, was it reported as a bug? Or is it broken because of a Windows feature? *trying to follow*

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 22 September 2021 at 5:46 AM · edited Wed, 22 September 2021 at 5:48 AM

My Win7 machines can still do networked P11/Q11 rendering just fine.  I think that Eddy has pinpointed the introduction of the problem:

Inspired_Art posted at 3:12 PM Tue, 21 September 2021 - #4427822

Networking did work up until I believe it was Windows 10 Build 1609.. after that it was, and still is, completely broken. 

There hasn't been any recent update/change to P11 and Q11.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

PREECHER ( ) posted Fri, 24 September 2021 at 1:30 PM

sorry it's not broken.  I am current in windows 10 on all machines.  I just never tried to use the qm before and i made the mistake of reading the forums before i attempted to set it up which just caused a lot of confusion for me.  anyway the main thing i found was the build number.  it was stated many times that the build number has to be the same on all machines.  i had different builds and that was my problem.  as for permissions, Windows firewall asked me one time on initial launch of qm if i wanted to allow on public or private.  i only selected private.  im using 11.3.818 build.  thanks for input!

NikKelly ( ) posted Tue, 05 October 2021 at 10:31 PM

I had problems configuring my 'Box' remote render system thanks to loss of the convenience of 'workgroups'. After much fumbling around, I stumbled upon the menu which allowed me to authorise file access between two systems. The prior error messages seemed to want something else, but were just ambiguously phrased...

Um, any chance we could have a multi-version sub-forum for network rendering ??

I would not have considered network rendering, except I began pricing upgraded to my twin graphics cards. To my horror, I realised it would be cheaper, faster and more future-resistant to build an entire, dedicated 'Box'  than significantly upgrade either GPU card...

One 'gotcha': to make 'Box' render using all its Rhyzen 7 cores, I had to change my parameters from those preferred by those twin GPUs. So 64 vol-bounces and buckets, rather than their 1024...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.