Wed, Apr 24, 1:59 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 24 9:07 am)

Subject: Desaturate a texture map

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2021 at 9:32 PM · edited Tue, 23 April 2024 at 7:42 PM
Site Admin

I have a shader that uses 2 color nodes. One is a partially desaturated version of the other. I'd like to use a texture map for the color. Is there's a way to partially desaturate the image map in Poser? It's a superfly render so the cycles nodes can be used if those work better for this.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2021 at 9:49 PM
Online Now!

You can use the HSV node to desaturate your texture.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 15 September 2021 at 10:10 PM
Online Now!

These are the 2 parameters you should change to attain the degree of desaturation you desire.

image.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2021 at 6:39 AM
Site Admin

Oh duh, I've done that a thousand times. I don't know where my brain was last night. Thanks.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 16 September 2021 at 1:20 PM

I do that constantly, I'm always seeing mistakes I make in posts. I need a 24 hour edit post button :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2021 at 3:22 PM
primorge posted at 1:20 PM Thu, 16 September 2021 - #4427564

I do that constantly, I'm always seeing mistakes I make in posts. I need a 24 hour edit post button :)

I hear you.  Maybe we should have an "Old farts reference guide" stickied for all the basic stuff we forget.  I can't tell you how many times I have to hunt through old stuff to find a shader trick I used to know like the back of my hand.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.