Fri, Apr 19, 8:46 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 19 8:41 am)

Subject: Poser 11 Preview issue

Alfheim96 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:26 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 4:08 AM

I don't know how it happened but I was working on a scene in Poser and the preview suddenly changed. It went from resembling the render to looking completely different. I'm not sure what happened for it to be like this. My scenes still render fine but I was wondering if anyone ran into this issue too and would be willing to help me out. Thank you all so much.

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 21.17.25.png

Untitled.png

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:38 PM ยท edited Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:42 PM
Online Now!

Maybe your preview settings got switched to SreeD somehow. Might check that.

No. Never ran into that happening in 11.

Hard to tell which is hardware rendering, assuming the one with shadows, or if you even use it. Helps to know what your preview set up is or was. Which image is the way you like it?

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:45 PM
Online Now!

The second image looks like OpenGL..

Alfheim96 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 3:55 PM

The second image is the rendered image and the first is the one in preview. I'll check my preview settings but to be completely honest I'm not sure what it was before.

Alfheim96 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 4:07 PM

Ah so I checked and the preview settings somehow got selected to SreeD instead of OpenGL. Not sure how that happened but thank you so much, I was really confused and didn't know what to do.

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 4:08 PM
Online Now!

If the second image is your rendered scene I recommend that you address the blue tint on V4 skin. The first image is how the skin should render. Now as for the settings, try switching between OpenGL and SreeD. ATM, that's the only thing that makes the most sense to me.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 4:11 PM

This is what happens on my computer if I tick "Enable hardware AO" in preview settings (under Render settings).

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 5:10 PM
Online Now!

Actually the default materials for V4 aren't designed for the OpenGL display or more recent rendering options, here's the culprit for the blue cast right here... v42.png

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 5:11 PM
Online Now!

Here's default V4 materials, OpenGL display, hardware AO on...

v41.png

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 5:13 PM
Online Now!

Here's default V4 with just the texture maps plugged into the diffuse channel, diffuse chip set to white, hardware AO on...

v43.png

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 5:16 PM
Online Now!

To OP

You might try this on V4. It'll noticeably improve V4's skin. Its a python script... EZSkin 3. You want to use version 3 with Poser 11, not version 3.1 which is for Poser 12. There's options for regular Firefly IDL and Superfly material conversions...

https://cobrablade.net/snarlygribbly/poser.html

If you are having problems running EZSkin 3 in 11, download this patch for 11 by the same author, it's painless to install and it should sort any script problems you are encountering. The DL link is down the page a ways...

AVFix

https://www.poserlounge.nl/PLWP/

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 5:44 PM
Online Now!

I personally don't care for the OpenGL AO being on, always seems a little splotchy to me. I haven't really messed with the setting in Poser or my Nvidia card though. I just leave it off. I should take a closer look at those things.

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 6:07 PM

I read another thread that recommended you keep "Enable hardware AO" on, so I tried it. I couldn't see anything, so I turned it off again.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 6:50 PM
Online Now!

Yes, the Poser 12 thread with Y-Phil's suggestions. Never seen any DIS-advantage to having it off. I don't think there is.

Speaking of which, the topic made me actually look at my card settings (I run Poser on the GPU) and just now discovered that AO is OFF. Which would explain a lot lol. I'll just leave it off for now, otherwise I'll be spending an hour seeing if V4 turns blue from AO too ;)

Thanks for compelling me to look at that, I love the preview renderer so any option to further enhance it is welcome :)

settings.png

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 7:51 PM

I've never really used the preview renderer, but I like your results.

primorge ( ) posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 8:55 PM ยท edited Sat, 11 September 2021 at 8:56 PM
Online Now!

It's really handy to have a preview that's at the resolution of target textures when painting textures, I make a detail change in photoshop, save a copy in iterations, and reload textures in render settings. It's instant feedback when I make an element movement or addition like I'm doing right now with these Black Metal Corpse Paint WIP type makeups I'm working on for La Femme... Usually the actual realtime preview is good enough to work by, rendering it through preview renderer is just if I want to see it anti aliased. Preview render takes about 2 seconds, useful for toons and animation also; probably it's biggest advantage.

test2.png

Alfheim96 ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 4:26 PM

primorge posted at 4:25PM Sun, 12 September 2021 - #4427196

To OP

You might try this on V4. It'll noticeably improve V4's skin. Its a python script... EZSkin 3. You want to use version 3 with Poser 11, not version 3.1 which is for Poser 12. There's options for regular Firefly IDL and Superfly material conversions...

https://cobrablade.net/snarlygribbly/poser.html

If you are having problems running EZSkin 3 in 11, download this patch for 11 by the same author, it's painless to install and it should sort any script problems you are encountering. The DL link is down the page a ways...

AVFix

https://www.poserlounge.nl/PLWP/

Do you know if these will work on a Mac? Sadly I don't have a PC with me at the moment

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 4:51 PM

Alfheim96 posted at 4:49PM Sun, 12 September 2021 - #4427258

Do you know if these will work on a Mac? Sadly I don't have a PC with me at the moment

They should. They are Python scripts. You'll need the Poser 11 version, since you are using Poser 11.

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 6:41 PM
Online Now!

Pretty sure all of Snarly's old scripts work on Mac. I used to run his scenefixer all the time on a PPC Powermac...

primorge ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 6:45 PM
Online Now!

...oddly enough some Python scripts won't run on Mac, colorcurvature's PML for instance. I don't know enough about Python to say why...

HartyBart ( ) posted Sun, 12 September 2021 at 11:26 PM

primorge posted at 11:21PM Sun, 12 September 2021 - #4427267

some Python scripts won't run on Mac. I don't know enough about Python to say why...

It's probably the Tkinter. So far as I know all Tkinter-based PoserPython scripts stopped running on a Mac after Poser Pro 2014 SR3, due to changes at Apple. They still work fine on Windows.

Learn the Secrets of Poser 11 and Line-art Filters.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.