Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Render Dpi vs Pixle?

igohigh opened this issue on Sep 10, 2021 ยท 78 posts

igohigh posted Sat, 11 September 2021 at 11:26 AM

Yes, I do understand Dpi fairly well (Xerox and Sharp Electronic tech and Instructor for twenty years). My target output is Printing and that is where the Dpi does effect quality. True digital really caps off at 72dpi for Internet viewing and anything over 600dpi is determined not really noticeable by the human eye (I have not taught for ten years now and memory might get a bit fuzzy) My current Cannon Laser jet printer always tosses me a warring if I send a 'photo image' that is less then 300dpi. In this case I am printing to a Polar Matallic paper and Dpi does become noticeable especially under 200dpi. I know I can change the Dpi of an image in Photoshop but is that not just letting the software 'add pixels'?

I am mainly trying to get a grasp on why Poser allows me to set the Pixel 'size' of the image and the Dpi but upon saving it comes up 72dpi yet keeps the denominational size I set. I will have to play, but perhaps it is because I Exported in PNG? Perhaps if I export in PSD or TIF then the selected Dpi is output into the rendered image?? (I know some apps are quirky that way)