Wed, Apr 24, 6:30 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 22 3:23 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Codex Serafinianus, anyone?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 24 August 2021 at 3:43 PM ยท edited Wed, 17 April 2024 at 5:44 AM

I was surprised to find a search for it on here returned no results. I would have thought a community of artists would be all over it.

Anyhow, the thing has been around for several years and it's worth looking at, if you haven't already seen it. In fact, it's worth looking at if you have. Enough in there to give you inspiration for the rest of your life.

Want to know more about it? Google is yer friend.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2021 at 1:30 PM

Nobody? Crikey, I am really surprised. Honestly, go and check it out; it's the most interesting book you'll ever clap your eyes on, by a long way. It has a beautifully created writing system, which is entirely without meaning, btw, and lots of extremely lovely - and often bizarre - illustrations.

If you are in the least bit interested in Surrealism, Dada, or if you just like things that are plain odd, you will love it.

A physical copy of the book itself will set you back around ยฃ100 for the latest edition, although first editions can go for thousands. If you don't want the pose value of owning the real thing, there are plenty of places you can take a look for free. In any event, go and look, you will not be disappointed.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2021 at 3:45 PM
Online Now!

I checked it out when you first posted the thread, a very interesting concept indeed. When I get more time, I will peruse it closely. BTW, you can download a pdf of the book. And yes, the physical copy can set you back.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2021 at 5:31 PM

Yes, I have a pdf of the thing.

Hoping Santa brings me a real one.

My Store

My Gallery

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2021 at 6:03 PM
Online Now!

Encourage a GoFundMe.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 August 2021 at 6:47 PM

Nah, that's just selfish unless it's for something serious like a kidney transplant for a kid. I'd never dream of asking for something like a book for myself.

My Store

My Gallery

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 28 August 2021 at 7:33 PM

I found it not to my taste. But I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 29 August 2021 at 11:02 PM

Wham bam thank you ma'am... see you later alligator! ๐Ÿ˜„

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 30 August 2021 at 11:41 AM

TwiztidKidd posted at 11:41AM Mon, 30 August 2021 - #4426277

Wham bam thank you ma'am... see you later alligator! ๐Ÿ˜„

Hehe. Quite so.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.