Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Still no updates yet, but a new splash screen appeared?

Y-Phil opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 95 posts

Y-Phil posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 7:50 AM

hornet3d posted at 7:43AM Fri, 13 August 2021 - #4425194

I was lucky with my drive as the system had been built for me and I purchased an extended warranty which they honored and replaced the drive. I had not wanted to be without the my computer for the time it took to replace so I ordered a new one. When the replacement drive arrived I cloned it with the new, and now working, C drive. I theory at least I have that option if this new drive fails. I was surprised though as the drive that failed was a Samsung 970EvoPlus and it barely made it to two years.

The system I'm using is the only one I've ever bought, (in March, 3 years ago). And, IMO, as a pre-made computer, the components are often of a standard-level of quality, which means that their lifetime is expected on a mean value. That can explain why it barely made it to two years (mine was also a samsung, and I still trust them). But from what I've understood: often, the pro series are expected to be more resistant, and as such more expensive.

Which is why I put more money this time, but in two years plus a few months, it will be replaced ?

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13