Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Still no updates yet, but a new splash screen appeared?

Y-Phil opened this issue on Jul 19, 2021 ยท 95 posts

Y-Phil posted Fri, 13 August 2021 at 1:36 AM

hornet3d posted at 1:29AM Fri, 13 August 2021 - #4425159

I approach every Windows update with a sense of dread, particularly after I have had a M2 SSD, which was the C drive, die during one update. Not saying it died due to Windows 10 update but a real coincidence. I always use the update and restart option at a point where I have some free times so I can do a sanity check on Poser and my financial program to make sure they both work and try and repair if needed. I would much rather do this than do a update and shutdown only do discover later I have major problems.

I almost ran into this kind of problems: I changed my C drive less than 2 months ago. During the process of moving windows onto a new nvme ssd drive, the program discovered that the old ssd started to have bad blocks. If I'm not wrong, an ssd starting with bad blocks will more rapidly die.

The problem is that I had not respected my own rule: a drive, when used everyday or near everyday, should be changed between 2 and 3 years after the start. And the last had passed over that limit for 3 months.

Why 2 years? the official warranty in my country. It's only business.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13