Forum: Carrara

Subject: You doing fan art? Franzetta, Vallejo, DragonLanc Forgotten Realm Broud?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jul 20, 2021 ยท 22 posts

Dartanbeck posted Thu, 05 August 2021 at 10:17 PM

I collect various full character products and like to mix n' match heads individually from the bodies to come up with custom results. Through most generations of Genesis, for example, the Victoria and Michael lines can quickly introduce some pretty real-world details of the main shape. But then I also like to have all of the shaping collections for more specifics.

As for "I Am Dragon", that dress that she wears through my whole fan edit above has inspired me to do something similar, but much more fantasized.

To do this, I found the Veranil blouse in my runtime and started with that. In Daz Studio, I was able to delete a few polygons under the ties. In DS, the Geometry Editor can delete polygons without destroying the item as a conforming cloth.

Then I used Fit Control to vastly alter the shape of the blouse into a dress.

I work quickly through most of the above process because my ultimate goal happens when I run it through VWD Cloth and Hair to drape and animate the item.

Then I either use the original texture maps or start from scratch (As I've done here) to redesign the materials - in this case, a translucent, dirty white dress that is also damp.

R52 Running Scared.jpg

Dartanbeck.com          ===          Dartanbeck on YouTube