Tue, Apr 16, 12:38 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 16 5:17 am)

Subject: V4/M4 products now?

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2021 at 7:46 PM

I'm also surprised nobody has ever done a possessed Regan from The Exorcist... yikes.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 21 July 2021 at 9:48 PM

Scratch that Regan comment, I think I vaguely remember something similar st RDNA. I just had a look at Kids 4. Surprised how expensive some of that older stuff still is. I didn't realize that K4 was a single figure with gender head morphs, I'm assuming it's the same mesh as M4/V4... maybe a different mapping though. I wouldn't mind having the k4 mesh in my runtimes for completionists sake. Might be useful for wee folk renders and such. I don't think I've ever seen Daz give away a K4 bundle like they have with V4/M4 though...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2021 at 7:03 AM

Never buy full price at DAZ. Their older stuff has a high normal price, but it's often put on sale at deep discount. I bought a lot of my K4 stuff from the FastGrab page.

It is the same mesh. The mapping is different, though apparently you can use DS to swap UVs and use V4 textures on the kids. I have used V4/M4 morphs on the kids.

I remember "It's Alive." I really wanted to see it, but my parents wouldn't let me. Kolchak was on of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

I like horror, but it's not something I render a lot. Maybe at Halloween...

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2021 at 10:32 AM

You don't need DS to use V4 or M4 textures on K4.

The K4/V4 mixer script also works with the Gen 3 figures (Luke/Laura/David/Stephanie/Victoria/Michael). Can't mix between Gen 3 & Gen 4, but there is software to move Gen 4 textures to other figures.

At the end of the day, Poser gives users the ability to decouple content from the figure it was designed for originally, which is why I stick with Poser (not to mention that it is a much, much better written piece of software).

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2021 at 11:54 AM

ssgbryan posted at 11:53AM Thu, 22 July 2021 - #4423736

The K4/V4 mixer script also works with the Gen 3 figures (Luke/Laura/David/Stephanie/Victoria/Michael). Can't mix between Gen 3 & Gen 4, but there is software to move Gen 4 textures to other figures.

Where can I get that script?

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2021 at 12:08 PM

randym77 posted at 12:04PM Thu, 22 July 2021 - #4423746

ssgbryan posted at 11:53AM Thu, 22 July 2021 - #4423736

Where can I get that script?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/cols-m4k4-mixer/98820

No longer available. I use Colorcurvature's PML scripts constantly, I emailed him and he was very cool and just sent me the script free in an email attachment. It's totally changed and improved my morph workflow. Dude is awesome.

I'll take a look through my old emails and find his address and PM it to you if you like. You could ask him about it.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2021 at 12:15 PM

Here's a thread about it...

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2866959

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 22 July 2021 at 12:46 PM

Also. At the end of the posted thread is Colorcurvature's email. Nap time.

primorge ( ) posted Fri, 23 July 2021 at 7:27 PM · edited Fri, 23 July 2021 at 7:31 PM

I popped over to Hivewire to take a look at what's going on with Dawn 2, and I must say having finally taken a look at the topology/edgeflow, base resolution, default shape, and the fact that the figure is UDIM (absolutely ideal for me) that my search for a commercial figure that fits my needs might be concluding with Dawn 2. Very excited about the release. Not sure why I didn't look sooner. From what I can see the figure seems like a nice middle ground between the things I like about V4 and the things I like about La Femme.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 4:25 PM

Where is Karina's stuff/site?

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 5:10 PM

JimTS posted at 5:09PM Tue, 27 July 2021 - #4424026

Where is Karina's stuff/site?

http://sasha-16.forumprofi.de/

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 6:09 PM

nicht sprecken http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/xXqoT7Ll no file?

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 6:11 PM

Thanks

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 6:28 PM · edited Tue, 27 July 2021 at 6:29 PM

JimTS posted at 6:24PM Tue, 27 July 2021 - #4424033

nicht sprecken http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/xXqoT7Ll no file?

Humph. Guess Karina doesn't want people to have Sasha anymore. Happens alot with obsessive free creations, people who make such things tend to be passionate dispositions. News to me. Doesn't bode well for a weight mapped M4, but people have been pining for that forever.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 7:03 PM

http://sasha-16.forumprofi.de/t151f23-SASHA-Edition-is-here.html

Try that.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 7:41 PM

Rhia474 posted at 7:40PM Tue, 27 July 2021 - #4424038

http://sasha-16.forumprofi.de/t151f23-SASHA-Edition-is-here.html

Try that.

I have sasha but for OP... getting the same result from your link. Are you getting a working link somewhere on that page? 20210727_203854.jpg

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 7:48 PM

This leads to a file not found...

20210727_204746.jpg

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 8:08 PM

This is merely speculation but Karina hasn't been around for a while. Maybe doing an Anton Kiesel... but AFAIK you can still find Apollo. Seems weird that the site is still up so maybe an exit stage left in preparation for an update.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 8:35 PM

Well drat, it still worked in January. I had both Sashas for a few years now but that's when the last big discussion was about her on these forums.

I would not ascribe motives/reasons/enter into speculations that we know nothing about, instead, hoping everything is well with Karina and they may come back one day.

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 9:04 PM

You wouldn't.

But yeah. Well said. And ditto on those sentiments. It is peculiar though.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 9:09 PM · edited Tue, 27 July 2021 at 9:10 PM

as a hoarder of such 3d stuff I'm alarmed I can't find sasha in zips or a runtime

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

primorge ( ) posted Tue, 27 July 2021 at 9:22 PM · edited Tue, 27 July 2021 at 9:26 PM

Only Karina can decide whether Sasha is available or not. Pulling the download is pretty clear intent, for whatever reason. I'm surprised this is the first mention of it though. I'd check again at a later date I guess.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 6:56 AM · edited Wed, 28 July 2021 at 6:56 AM

Interesting. Karina hasn't posted here since May 2020. I hope he's all right.

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 9:34 AM

Last time Karina disappeared for a long time, he had almost been killed by a truck. I fear the worst now :/

tomyee ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 3:13 PM

Yes, same here. Anytime someone online disappears for a long time period, I worry that COVID got them. I hope that isn't the case, Karina made a great contribution to the Poser community but has experienced some bad luck with his health.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 3:37 PM

Devil's Advocate here; Logic says, from the facts we know. The download for Sasha is no longer there. Yet the site still is, with a dead link.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 3:50 PM

Another thing to consider; I've only used Sasha a few times but by my recollection doesn't the installation and certain compatibility features of Sasha-16 rely on Python? What would be the elephant in the room with that?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 4:44 PM

My Sashas work just fine in Poser 12, but I installed them when it was still Poser 11 era, so good point . Once installed and initialized, they should work perfectly in P12.

Again, i hope all is well with Karina, and given that the figure was provided free of charge to anyone who downloaded it I dont think anyone is owed an explanation here, especially if health related issues happened. I loathe speculations without facts so i will withdraw from this thread.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 4:58 PM

Maybe he's updating the download for 12, seems to make sense considering the reliance on python. That's about the only speculation I'll make. And it's regarding a technical aspect of a 3d model for Poser. Not any personal or privacy guesses. Makes the most sense.

Back to jaw and mouth morphs/expressions for La Femme.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 28 July 2021 at 9:02 PM

Just an aside. Finally got around to loading Pauline 2. Did I get a busted copy or is that figure just a flat out mess? What's up with the genital dial? Smh. Obviously QA wasn't a priority with that figure.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 4:48 PM

From sasha-16 manual:

12.3. Where can I get an update?

 A valid question, but difficult to answer.

Due to my personal financial situation and the exchange rate of the UAH vs. US$ I can't afford to rent web space for hosting.

Until then we must rely on the current publishing scheme (whatever it will be in the end).

If that's not an option for you then send me a mail to "karina.kiev@ymail.com" and we can discuss alternatives.

I am sorry for these inconveniences, but I didn't find alternative ways to publish SASHA yet. I hope that will change as soon as SASHA becomes more popular (if ever).

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:03 PM · edited Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:03 PM

I may be wrong - but I seem to remember that sasha-16 has a "do what you want with it" license. Not really official (there is nothing in the manual except a copyright notice). But I think Karina wrote something like that in the forum.

If the problem is only the download space, then this can be solved quickly and easily. If not through a free service, then financed with a few dollars. The few remaining Poser users will not make so much traffic that such a thing would be unaffordable.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:07 PM · edited Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:10 PM

Oh. Interesting. I don't know why Karina just doesn't put Sasha on a Google drive or something. I recall, in a prior conversation with Karina, months ago, when I mentioned Adobe, he said something like "I refuse to support gangsters"... so perhaps Karina doesn't have a high opinion of Google either. I think Sasha was suitably popular enough to find some inexpensive, or free, means of sharing. But again, that's just from the perspective of an outsider. Thanks for that bit of info ADP...

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:13 PM

I think any number of people would be happy to host the figure on their site... maybe CobraBlade for example, there's others too. I just say CobraBlade because I know he hosts Snarly's things. Not to be too presumptuous, just a community example that I know of.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:19 PM

Hell. ShareCG. Though I have my own personal reasons for no longer having my things there. I remember distinctly Karina hosting the KVG there, years ago. Shame Englishbob doesn't have Morphography anymore. Or Basicwiz's hosting site.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:24 PM

"The few remaining Poser users will not make so much traffic that such a thing would be unaffordable."

It's shocking how many people have left.

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:42 PM

Karina still has some freebies hosted at ShareCG...

Screenshot_20210729-183904_Chrome.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 29 July 2021 at 5:44 PM
Online Now!

I wouldn't call it leaving for no reason. Keep in mind, many Poser users are in their golden years and are simpling giving up the hobby voluntarily or because of health issues. You don't notice their disappearance until long after their absence is felt.

tomyee ( ) posted Sat, 31 July 2021 at 7:16 PM

I'm surprised that Karina still has items hosted on sharecg. I could've sworn that he once said something about how sharecg removed one of his freebies (I think it was a female genitals addon?) and this soured him on hosting Sasha on sharecg. I could be mis-remembering it though.

I've moved on from Poser but I still like to keep an eye on the Poser community for any new developments that might lure me back. I'm slowly learning Blender3D since I've been more impressed with the features and constant evolution of the program. It has fluid sim, upcoming NPR shaders and comic book-ink renders, geometry nodes, support for Mixamo, dynamic cloth brush, an upcoming way to store figure poses, etc. all for free. It's hard to say no to that. Poser needs some revolutionary features (mostly in how it handles clothing, a hybrid of conforming and dynamic) to make it worth the price, IMO.

JimTS ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 1:06 PM

I suspect current events in Ukraine may be involved more than ware updates or rivalries but a severely worded cease and desist letter from DAZ About redistributing any portion of V4's Cr2 will jam up the most diligent coder be well Karina

Charles Péguy

Walter Savage Landor

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 1:34 PM

I suspect that I might suspect to suspect :) One things for sure, Daz doesn't give a flying f**k about gen 3 figures being used illegally, and I can prove that fact.

adp001 ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 1:35 PM

JimTS posted at 1:31PM Mon, 02 August 2021 - #4424416

I suspect current events in Ukraine may be involved more than ware updates or rivalries but a severely worded cease and desist letter from DAZ About redistributing any portion of V4's Cr2 will jam up the most diligent coder be well Karina

US Copyright does not apply everywhere in the world. In most countries outside the US, a simple CR2 file is not protected. Lawyers can try to go against it, but will usually only get a tired smile back.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 1:40 PM

...also. I'm not really sure about the violation of intellectual properties by distributing any part of the V4 cr2. If that's the case then there's been a boatload of violations in plain sight. I think they're more concerned about proprietary morphs and misappropriation of the model itself.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 3:48 PM

Do we know it as a fact that they sent a C&D letter to Karina? Because if we don't, let's not spread any rumors. Way too many of those became facts on this site alone somehow.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 4:23 PM

I seriously doubt they did. Any more than they sent one to Erogenesis for Lali's bits.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 4:31 PM · edited Mon, 02 August 2021 at 4:32 PM

I think it's just stirring the pot. I thought this topic had been buried. There's no use in guessing, it was interesting for like 5 minutes. Only Karina can say.

primorge ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 4:58 PM · edited Mon, 02 August 2021 at 5:58 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I'll say one last thing about the topic though. I come to this forum to talk about art and Poser figures and 3d software simply because it's the only place I have to talk about it at this time in my life. I very much enjoy chatting about technical stuff that pertains to Poser, and to an extent products that exist for Poser. It's an escape from the petty bullshit that that I've got to wade through just to earn my daily bread. If that's what this thread is going to turn into I don't want to hear about it, or anything about the real world in general, or anyone's disapproval of whatever, I'll just request it locked. :)

Back to Poser.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 6:13 PM

I agree about pettiness, and its much better to talk about the actual topic.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2021 at 10:23 PM · edited Mon, 02 August 2021 at 10:24 PM

A previous version of Sasha used to be on ShareCG. Karina removed it for some reason. Not happy with ShareCG.

I could understand not being able to afford the bandwidth. And being in the Ukraine, it's difficult for us to offer help. GoFundMe, PayPal, etc. don't work in the Ukraine.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2021 at 4:03 PM

primorge posted at 3:52PM Wed, 04 August 2021 - #4424191

"The few remaining Poser users will not make so much traffic that such a thing would be unaffordable."

It's shocking how many people have left.

Some just lurk. On occasion. When the mood strikes. Or when it's time to dredge through the Freebies section. You know, stuff like that.

As for the Sasha thingy? Sadly, Wayback Machine came up dry as well. I promise I'm not snarking (because I still find myself on the lookout for stray NearMe stuff online - Niseisya actually still makes stuff for it on Pixiv (look up the site Pixiv, then the name, just don't check the R-18 option unless you want to see some stuff that will definitely make you recoil in disgust. On the other hand, you find gems like MNE in there - just look for "MNE dormant" , though he's definitely not been dormant.)

Anyrate, as you were...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.