Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Weird Checkerboarding on Rendered Hair

Iuvenis_Scriptor opened this issue on Jun 27, 2021 ยท 44 posts

primorge posted Thu, 01 July 2021 at 6:04 PM

There's realistically very little to beta test to be honest. The character is probably dial spun from an existing morph set, with existing expression morphs or derived from the existing facial rig. If it were custom sculpts and expressions then it would require testing if you felt your personal tests weren't enough. I can see perhaps where you'd want a fresh set of eyes in regards to render and material tests but also those materials are probably derived from the included, basically, EZSkin based materials that ship with La Femme. Testing for the texture qualities, probably based on a combo of merchant resources right?

All in all I can see if you're just seeking a new set of eyes to give the character the once over and provide critical analysis. As far as concrete beta testing goes probably the submission for marketplace testing team or individual will actually give you the necessary information you need after submission.

I like the character actually but am not willing to provide public critique of where I can see problems just from the images I've seen so far here and elsewhere. You're better off shooting yourself in the foot. I'm not overly impressed by dial spinners to tell you the truth but this one is sufficiently different than most of the La Femme character morphs I've seen that my interest is actually piqued. Plus she's kinda cute in a not typical Poser way.

Maybe a little intro; I have a fair bit of experience with texture painting and morphing/sculpting/modeling but tend not to get too bogged down with all the photoreal rendering intricacies as I prefer NPR style rendering and basic Firefly IDL as the summit of "realism" as an aesthetic and time constraint choice. I like the file internal and cr2 and modeling aspects of poser mostly, my background is in fine art; sculpture... I have a degree in fine art sculpture (which is absolutely useless in any pragmatic sense other than art speak conversations and long abandoned gallery contracts lol). I have about 15 years experience using Poser, zbrush, mudbox, and now primarily blender being my obsession. I've won some contests here and rdna before under one identity or another... eldritchcellar, primorge, deathmetaldesk yada yada. I'm probably considered a troll also and am banned in one of those identities. The people who dislike me are completely beneath my contempt lol.

I also own a shit ton of La Femme content and have released some mildly popular custom morph sets for her in the past under a different identity... none of which you'll find now because I just removed all of my content from the web. Too many thieves and phonies overrunning the rapidly deteriorating Poser freebie scene for my tastes. Worse than pirates really, at least GFX'ers admit they're thieves. Word of advice just sell your work. Forget freebies.

If you'd like I'd take a look at it and tell you where it could use some work, you'd be surprised how perceptive I am. And you'd needn't worry about me stealing your dial spinner. That would be grotesque to me. In any case I'll probably shell out the 5 bucks for it when it goes on sale anyway, depending on the texture qualities, just because I collect this crap

but... I think rendo's QA team will really give you the most objective and final input.

Or you can just ignore me lol, I have enough content of my own to faff about with. And apologies for the mini rant ;)

Take care.