Wed, Apr 24, 2:37 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 24 9:07 am)

Subject: Visible spotlight cone?

gojira-kun ( ) posted Thu, 24 June 2021 at 5:38 PM · edited Mon, 08 April 2024 at 7:55 PM

I'm sure I just missed something along the way...is there a way to see a spotlight's cone and falloff zones in the viewports? I'm thinking of something like this (from 3DS Max):

Spotlight cone.png

!Firefly! ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2021 at 4:35 AM

I assume you are looking for something like this !? Might be an option that will only work until poser 11 poser 12 up will not give this option

Render 2.jpg

Render 3.jpg

Render 1.jpg

I am sure there are some skilled users in here that can help you building up this feature.

gojira-kun ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2021 at 11:14 AM

Yes, that's it. How do you get this effect? I use Poser 11.

bwldrd ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2021 at 11:47 AM · edited Fri, 25 June 2021 at 11:48 AM

@Gojira-kun - I'm guessing !Firefly! is using the shaderworks script "Advanced Lights and Camera Guides". As the name suggests, it made guides for both lights and cameras. Unfortunately it is no longer available, as it was at the RuntimeDNA store before DAZ bought them out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

!Firefly! ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2021 at 12:22 PM

Yes like bwldrd said it is based on the old "Advanced Lights and Camera Guides" but it is a upgraded version as the original version does not work correctly anymore using poser 2014 up, so it is a modification that loads directly from the poser library. Mentioned that there might be someone here that is able making a rebuild as the one I got is derivative, with real time effects. this whole system is also expanded to be used to create flashlight or beam effects directly in combination with the spot lights in poser ! Good for head lights or breaking lights in windows with a touch of fog effect, well actually a great setup for wide range of effects.

but like I said, there might be a rendo user that is capable of creating a independent package not based on the shaderwork product to offer to the community with these features. The ones I got can't be shared !

gojira-kun ( ) posted Fri, 25 June 2021 at 3:37 PM

Thanks. Disappointing, but at least it wasn't some obvious switch I never learned about!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.