Thu, Apr 18, 1:59 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 18 11:05 am)

Subject: Trying to create a clone of a character

redwulf ( ) posted Sat, 12 June 2021 at 8:24 PM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 6:09 AM

I am trying to make several characters that are just about identiclee is there a way to clone3 one so that I can produce him with all h is clothing already on instead of dressing him over and over?

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 4:02 PM

You can save the clothed character back to the Library and then reload into the scene.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 13 June 2021 at 8:32 PM

Yes, you can save it to your library. It gives you the option of saving just the figure or the whole group. If you choose whole group, the clothing, hair, etc. will be saved with it (as long as it's conformed or parented to the figure).

You can also save the Poser file containing the dressed figure, then open a new file and import the saved file as many times as needed. This will import everything, even things that aren't parented. (It will also import the lights, so you'll have to delete those.)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 6:46 AM
Forum Moderator

If you’re looking to have multiple instances in the same scene, with the figure selected, you can go to edit>duplicate and make copies. It will include anything conformed or parented. And it doesn’t make your runtime bigger.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 6:56 AM

Cool, I didn't realize that feature was all-inclusive of conforming or parented assets.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 14 June 2021 at 8:57 AM

I've found that method a pain, thought maybe it's just me. I always end up accidentally making more copies than I planned. Or copying something I didn't mean to copy. And not realizing it until I move a figure and I find another right under it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.