Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Moving the pivot point for a door

Eronik opened this issue on Jun 07, 2021 ยท 28 posts

EldritchCellar posted Wed, 09 June 2021 at 5:47 PM

I wouldn't mind chiming in on a few things I've noticed with the joint editor.

Sometimes when you have the joint editor open and you're trying to translate the object center to a new position you'll find that for some reason you can't get the little bullseye cursor to appear when hovering over either the center or end point. The cursor will just stay stuck in whatever tool mode you had currently active before that point. An easy way to remedy this is to either click on or select another object and than reselect the the intended object. That usually clears it up and you'll have the bullseye cursor.

Also let's say you imported an object from some external modeler or you import a file not specifically intended for Poser's relatively tiny scale. Generally you want to import with one of poser's scaling options or prep externally with Poser's scale in mind. Scaling an object after the fact within Poser will invariably screw up any attempts to change it's origin with the joint editor as this will cause the entire object to translate in the workspace rather than just translating it's origin. You'll be wondering why your object is flying around when this happens...

Here's a sphere prop loaded from primitives; front camera, outline preview, joint editor open, default scale...

ill1.png

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG