Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: height chart

lakes123 opened this issue on May 29, 2021 ยท 52 posts

JoePublic posted Tue, 01 June 2021 at 12:36 PM

The default proportions of almost any Poser/DAZ figures are way off, anyway.

With their tiny heads, they pretty much stick to extremely tall "high fashion / superheroine / goddess" proportions. In a very idealized way, of course.

Even "Stephanie PETITE" is anything but.

The only figure so far with "average" human proportions was MIKI, as her creator used the same real-life girl as a pattern as I used for my "Aneta" morph. (My interpretation is still a bit more realistic, though, as I didn't feel the need to add a boob-job.) ;-p

While humans come in a variety of shapes and sizes, there are still rules that have to be followed: Anastazie vs Josefina-1.jpg

Unless you don't want to stay in the realm of reality, of course.

But even fantasy and idealized have their own set of rules you need to follow, if you want to achieve pleasing results.

Barbie-vs Josefina.jpg

So, as Poser scaling is completely arbitrary, you first have to create a fixed point for yourself.

In my case, that's my "Meter-Prop". With this, I can easily re-scale any figure and prop in my "Poser-Universe" to adhere to a common standard.

So it doesn't matter what standard the creator of a figure or prop originally adhered to. Once it enters "my" universe, it will be modified to matche all the other objects that already reside there.