Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Free version of Poser a benefit to vendors?

davo opened this issue on Apr 21, 2021 ยท 98 posts

parkdalegardener posted Sun, 25 April 2021 at 7:08 AM

Seems to me that any maker worth his pay can put together a product in three weeks for use in Poser. That is the length of time you get a free trial for the software. If the product is good enough for the masses of the marketplace, it will pay you enough to purchase the software itself. If the number of users is as low as you are saying, it may take some time. Can't make $200 with your product? Don't make anymore. Move on. Poser isn't for you. Find a different software to market to. If a content maker can make money with a free version of Poser then why buy? For non content creators 3 weeks should be enough time for a user to try before you buy.

After all, you folk seem to think Poser users aren't looking for more than, or are capable of; anything other than load, pose, render. If Poser users are only going to buy your products and then load pose and render; the only reason for Poser to exist is to sell your assets. That sounds a lot like DS to me. Precious iRay materials? Give it a break. The same maps used in iRay work in Superfly, Unity, Unreal; and Cycles. I texture in Substance and maps created are usable without change in my render engine of choice. That is the whole point of PBR.

Let me grab a refill of my coffee while the poor hard done by vendors complain that they are not making enough scratch with their software of choice and how they need every other software on the market to fall into their way of working/thinking/paying vendors.