Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Content Paradise Moving Here

Tomsde opened this issue on Dec 04, 2018 ยท 22 posts

Meshbox posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 11:09 AM

zxcv posted at 11:02AM Thu, 08 April 2021 - #4416262

Just curious -- all these 3d content providers getting sucked into Rendo -- is this becoming a monopoly? I noticed they've taken over Hivewire, and it seems that a lot of prices went up.

Not really. If anything, Renderosity becoming the owner of Poser keeps DAZ from becoming a monopoly.

Content Paradise vendors were invited to join Renderosity. I sold previously on Renderosity but had stopped adding new content because of some policies. After CP closed, Rendo encouraged us to move our CP libraries over, but also made a lot of changes as well. I am very happy with our relationship with Renderosity. As much as I liked certain aspects of CP and, had a good relationship with the SM folks, CP was in a bad funk. When they introduced an upgrade to the site (remember when it 'went white'?), it changed how people found products. A lot of vendors I know saw their incomes drop by up to 90% overnight.

Rendo isn't a monopoly either. Many long time vendors of Poser content maintain their own sales venues as well, just as I have always done. I am so glad the only brokerage focused on this market isn't DAZ.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want