Thu, Mar 28, 3:14 PM CDT

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, CHMedia Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon, CHMedia

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Mar 27 7:52 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Gallery Flooding (Again)

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 1:06 PM ยท edited Tue, 26 March 2024 at 2:21 AM

Is there a way to block seeing uploads from the idiots that like to flood the galleries with 20 - 30 or more image all at the same time? Like this one:

https://www.renderosity.com/users/id:918919

Thanks.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

CHMedia ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 3:36 PM

There is no way to block them but I will have our mods remove all but 5. Thank you for letting us know. We only allow 5 to 8 or so images to be uploaded all at once every hour or so. We moderate this on a case-by-case basis. We don't want to discourage anyone from uploading and sharing their art here.

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 3:53 PM

Thanks for taking care of this! I think your allowance of 5 - 8 images per session / hour is very reasonable. But dumping 20 - 30 images at once is a wee bit excessive - not to mention inconsiderate to other members. ? Thanks again! ??

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 3:55 PM ยท edited Tue, 16 March 2021 at 4:01 PM

There's a glitch where the thumbnail size is not restricted to 500pixels vertically... If I upload an image that is 600 wide x 3000 high for example and don't include a thumbnail... the thumbnail generated by default will be 300 x 1500.

Hi CH, hope your day is amazing ๐Ÿ˜„

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 4:19 PM

600 X 3000? What - did your cutie go on a starvation diet there, buddy? ? I certainly hope not! ?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 4:32 PM

LOL! She's wearing really really tall high heels ๐Ÿ˜„

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 4:35 PM

???

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 5:00 PM

This is what it looked like... I gotta run... pretend I'm doing some work lol

Later!

xtall.JPG

RodS ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2021 at 6:01 PM

Well, that does look like a rather 'thorny' problem.... Sorry.... Couldn't help myself..... ?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2021 at 7:48 AM

I would not rush to delete his images... we all want to have the best experience while shopping or just browsing the galleries here, why ruin someone's day over petty stuff like this... give him a warning and let him know the rules have changed. I'm unsubscribing this thread, I don't want to be seen anywhere near this thread.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 17 March 2021 at 4:59 PM

I wasn't trying to offend anyone or drive anyone away. I was simply asking if there was a way if there was a setting where I didn't have to wade through a mass upload. Sorry if I offended anyone. I'll keep my mouth shut.

jobidet ( ) posted Thu, 08 April 2021 at 7:15 AM

He's gone. He left Renderosity.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 2:32 AM

OK - This is just a tad out of control... 04-20-21.. Over 50 posts by ONE person (wlf). Can we possibly have SOME kind of limit to daily uploads? Sorry if this offends anyone, but there really needs to be some kind of limit to prevent this kind of spamming. Please....

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 12:27 PM

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 12:39 PM ยท edited Wed, 21 April 2021 at 12:43 PM

"We don't want to discourage anyone from uploading and sharing their art here."

Spending hours working on an image only to have it buried in an avalanche of uploads from ONE person pretty much discourages me from sharing my art here... Just sayin'...

19 wlf posts today - so far.....

fireangel ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 4:52 PM

Gallery floods like that make the galleries a pain to browse. My usual response is to stop looking and browse another site, hopefully not something that management want to encourage.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 5:08 PM

Same here.... I've pretty much decided to stop posting for a while. This is stupid. There used to be limits, and there need to be again.

It would be really, really nice if someone from Rendo could at least RESPOND to us.....

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 5:40 PM
Forum Moderator

The problem has been taken care of. Thank you for your patience.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 21 April 2021 at 6:43 PM

Thank you for taking care of it, Red. ?

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 8:01 AM

Don't put your pitchforks away... you got another one...

fld.JPG

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 8:23 AM

Ten images in a row... that's five more images than I'm allowed to upload!!

perpetualrevision ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 10:32 AM

I think a max of 5 image uploads per 24 hours should be more than adequate for any artist who's actually creating those images themselves!

I'd also be in favor of offering reward points only for ONE image upload per 24 hours, to discourage those who flood simply so they can get content w/o paying for it.

Seems to me both types of limits could be handled automatically by the gallery software, rather than requiring a person to intervene.

I understand the desire to make Renderosity galleries a welcoming place to post 3D art, but when people game the system and flood the galleries, it actually has the OPPOSITE effect.

TOOLS: MacBook Pro; Poser Pro 11; Cheetah3D; Photoshop CC

FIGURES: S-16 (improved V4 by Karina), M4, K4, Mavka, Toons, and Nursoda's people

GOALS: Stylized and non-photorealistic renders in various fantasy styles

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 11:19 AM
Forum Moderator

looking at their gallery they uploaded 5 on the 27th and 5 on the 28th. So far, nothing today, but I'll keep an eye on them

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 12:08 PM

This says otherwise lol

Other.png

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 12:19 PM

It would be great to do a little spring cleaning once in a while and take out the crappy threads... umm like this one for example. I learned nothing good out of it, except maybe that part where I gotta stay up till midnight if I ever want to upload 10 images in a row lol

Happy Thursday!

RodS ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 12:24 PM

?? Otherwise....

Please do, Red... We appreciate it!

Let me see what's in my archives that I have 250 different versions of.... I need some points.... LOL (Just kidding.. If I get 2 a week posted I'm having a good week!)

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 12:43 PM

Her name is not Red lol You know I shook someone's hand once and told him my name is TwiztidKidd lol

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 1:31 PM

apture.PNG

Miss B ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 1:55 PM

Whoa, that's nice news! I know Wolfenshire had tried doing some quick puzzle contests where he rewarded Reward Points to the winners, but I didn't think we, the customers, could give away some of our own points. Hmmmm . . . . let me think now . . . who would I give Reward Points to? Hmmmm . . .

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 2:10 PM

.: slaps forehead :. I should've given him the 30 points one by one lol catears.png

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 29 April 2021 at 2:24 PM

FaceApp lol

missb.png

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 3:52 PM

25 posts today (so far) by dochtersions. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find a way to control this??? It's beyond ridiculous.

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 4:01 PM

And a big, big, BIG T.N.A. Thank You to TwiztedKidd for the points! You are the MAN! ???

RodS ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 7:03 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 7:03PM Fri, 30 April 2021 - #4418000

.: slaps forehead :. I should've given him the 30 points one by one lol catears.png

???

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 8:26 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 8:26PM Fri, 30 April 2021 - #4418004

FaceApp lol

missb.png

Hey, I like that. Thanks for the smile. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 8:56 PM ยท edited Fri, 30 April 2021 at 9:01 PM

It looks good on you lol There is some pretty cool AI software that will enhance a photo or put a smile on your face ๐Ÿ˜„

Remini20210430205222824.jpg

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 9:23 PM ยท edited Fri, 30 April 2021 at 9:27 PM

I'm sorry... was the color of your fingernails supposed to match the color of your eyes? ๐Ÿ˜„

... or the other way around LOL

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 9:50 PM

Final, 10X Enlarge + Enhance... now you can save it and upload it to your gallery and get 3 reward points ๐Ÿ˜„

10X.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Fri, 30 April 2021 at 11:39 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 11:36PM Fri, 30 April 2021 - #4418102

Final, 10X Enlarge + Enhance... now you can save it and upload it to your gallery and get 3 reward points ๐Ÿ˜„

~ROFLMFAO~ You do know you weird, don't you? ๐Ÿ˜†

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 12:13 AM

It's an AI engine used to enhance and recreate photos... it's actually pretty old, 2012 I think... I wrote part of the algorithm, then that company I used to work for sold it because they weren't too smart lol

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 12:22 PM

Well it certainly works fairly well, seeing as the larger version doesn't look like it's been enlarged (and changed) from a small avatar.

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 1:53 PM ยท edited Sat, 01 May 2021 at 2:00 PM

Happy Saturday! I need you to look at this... LMAO!

assorted-chocolate-candy-background-sweet-food-top-view_84485-395.jpg

various-chocolate-bar-top-view-delicious-cocoa-dessert-food-background_84485-388.jpg

heap-chocolate-background-organic-cocoa-bars_84485-688.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 5:17 PM

TwiztidKidd posted at 5:15PM Sat, 01 May 2021 - #4418147

Happy Saturday! I need you to look at this... LMAO!

Damn you!! Now my mouth's watering. ๐Ÿ˜ ~Sheesh~

Butterfly Dezignz

Torquinox ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 6:38 PM

That's a lot of chocolate! ๐Ÿ˜†

Miss B ( ) posted Sat, 01 May 2021 at 8:11 PM

Keep your hands off my chocolate!!! ~wags finger at Torq~

Butterfly Dezignz

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 11:32 AM

Oh so that's how it is. For the record, Miss B, I would share my chocolate with you ๐Ÿ˜

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 11:47 AM

Geeze Torq, you really don't know when I'm kidding? ๐Ÿ˜†

Butterfly Dezignz

Torquinox ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 2:28 PM

Dear Miss B, I figured you were kidding and I played along ๐Ÿ˜‰ Still, now I really want some chocolate. Maybe I have some in the fridge. ๐Ÿ˜„

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 5:42 PM

Torquinox posted at 5:42PM Sun, 02 May 2021 - #4418198

Dear Miss B, I figured you were kidding and I played along ๐Ÿ˜‰ Still, now I really want some chocolate. Maybe I have some in the fridge. ๐Ÿ˜„

I got some chocolate cookies when I was out shopping earlier, so I'm set or tonight. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly Dezignz

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 10:50 PM ยท edited Sun, 02 May 2021 at 10:54 PM

Miss B posted at 10:48PM Sun, 02 May 2021 - #4418218

I got some chocolate cookies when I was out shopping earlier, so I'm set for tonight.

cookiemonster.jpg

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 02 May 2021 at 10:55 PM

๐Ÿ˜†

Butterfly Dezignz

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.