Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: IK Manager Python Script for Poser 12

Ken1171_Designs opened this issue on Mar 07, 2021 ยท 9 posts

Ken1171_Designs posted Fri, 02 April 2021 at 12:44 PM

Ken _Gilliland posted at 12:35PM Fri, 02 April 2021 - #4416078

I use Poser IK all the time with my birds... setting the IK once I have it perched then moving the hip around to get more life-like poses. Once I get the look I like, I'll turn-off IK, adjust the body parts so they adhere to limits and voila, I have a great looking pose.

Your tool looks helpful.

Thank you for the feedback. The tool has already passed QAV and is just waiting for some adjustments on the Rendo store backend to be released. I find it useful to be able to visualize all the IK states from one place, and be able to change them without hunting for menus.

I use IK in the same way you do. I keep it off until I need it, in a need-to-use basis. I find it better this way because if we leave IK on all the time and use translations mixed with rotations on the joints, IK may explode them if we later turn it off. That's because IK does not use or keep track of joint rotations when it is enabled, so it has to calculate the new angles when disabled, and it doesn't always succeed - especially when translations were mixed with rotations. You know it has failed when the limb, or even the entire figure, turns into a mangled ball when IK is disabled.

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!