Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Rig Symmetry (bulges)?

unrealblue opened this issue on Feb 23, 2021 ยท 7 posts

unrealblue posted Wed, 24 February 2021 at 4:55 AM

Ah. I beat my head against this one all day. I've about had it with trying to rig in Poser. It's just way too brutal. For each joint, there's the rotation (2 sides), plus 2 bulges with two side. For 3 axis. That's 18 weight maps per joint. To be done with the most brutal to use GUI/tools.

1. the rigging paint tools are difficult. The fact that you can't affect verts inside the target object. Like when the cloth is inside La Femme, it's impossible to affect those clothing verts. I have to keep turning La Femme on and off.

2. The bulges. It would be nice if the affected portion was indicated. left-right pos-neg. For bend? Which is which? When limiting by material, nothing indicates that the limit is in effect.

Each vert has a vector (the rotation or bulge) relative to the center. It would be nice if they were indicated (maybe can flip little yellow arrows at vert on and off). The arrow gives the direction that the weight will push the vert. Even better, HAVE THE FRIGGIN COMPUTER DO THIS. For goodness sake, the target mesh is KNOWN. The source mesh is KNOWN. The vector of the weight is KNOWN. Calculating the intersection of the source vertex along a vector to another mesh is a solved problem. How hard is it for the computer to do this? At least so that the clothing mesh is kept outside of the target mesh.

1. the mesh. Invisible from the back side. uhg.

I'm not sure it's worth the time. I can manipulate meshes way faster in blender, cycles works better there as well. Plus, I can go blender to Radeon Pro. I'm just not sure what Poser gives me any more. Sigh....

I'm tired. My head hurts.