Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Black Panther

rokket opened this issue on Oct 11, 2020 ยท 411 posts

Miss B posted Wed, 10 February 2021 at 10:32 PM

rokket posted at 10:27PM Wed, 10 February 2021 - #4412490

Here is a suit that I made for Miki 4's turn as Supergirl. I took it into Blender and added a Decimate modifier to it, then cleaned up the topology a little bit. From there I added the seams as you suggested and then unwrapped it. This is the point in my workflow where I would take it back into Wings and start adding details and do a final subdivision. Eventually, I want to be able to do it all in Blender, but one step at a time... I have to get comfortable modeling there first, and that will be my next adventure.

One question? How do I view the effect of the UV map on the model in real time to make changes to the UV map like fixing seams or stretching, and be able to refresh the map to see changes taking place?

suit.jpg

Suit render.png

Oh see now that looks nice. As far as how you would see it, you would have to "save" that UV map, set up a material file, and apply it to the suit. I can't think of any other way to test a UV map, other than to use it. You can apply simple colors to each piece, and see how they look. There might be another way, but I can't think of one offhand. Check the link I just posted for the Blender 2.91 Manual, and see if they suggest something better.

Edited to Add: One thing to remember . . . if you're using an overall fabric pattern, you should have the sleeve island on the map lying down from left to right (or right to left), OR be careful how you place the texture. That way the pattern on the sleeves will flow down as it will on the front and back of the suit.

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz