Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Poser photorealism and superfly skin setup needed please

AcePyx opened this issue on Jan 10, 2021 · 163 posts

TheAnimaGemini posted Sun, 17 January 2021 at 11:16 PM

Deecey posted at 11:13PM Sun, 17 January 2021 - #4410609

TheAnimaGemini posted at 11:09PM Sun, 17 January 2021 - #4410607

Deecey posted at 11:03PM Sun, 17 January 2021 - #4410591

I just totalled up how much it would cost to get the complete head to toe displacement maps from TXYZ (something that I have actually been drooling over for years). It would cost 1862 dollars to get all of them (commercial license). You can't create products with the personal version, so the commercial license is the only way.

Aside from the fact that it well beyond what I can afford, the chances of recovering that cost to use them in a product are slim to none in my case. It's not that I wouldn't WANT to get them, it's just that .... I can't. 8-(

@Deecey Yes, they are very expensive but also very high quality. How I write before, I fill up a cart too over there and even with the personal licence is was spicy enough to freak me out. The Commercial Licence is even more scary. You will need to sell your Textures with a high price when you want your money back and I am not sure if Poser folks would buy your ressource pack for $100-150 ;)

Exactly LOL. Have to make do with what I can afford.

You can make awesome textures with alphas too. I bought me a pack of skin and lip alphas over ArtStation, they are awesome and more important, affordable. Even the commercial licence. And as soon you figure out the brush settings, you can create high quality maps with it too. No need to go extravagante ;)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,