Forum: Blender

Subject: How to Make Money with Blender

Lobo3433 opened this issue on Dec 15, 2020 ยท 63 posts

LuxXeon posted Fri, 15 January 2021 at 10:22 PM

wolf359 posted at 9:56PM Fri, 15 January 2021 - #4410416

The most successful professional youtubers are the ones who have extremely high quality production values and a minimum of one upload per week

The competition for views is feirce and your videos should look as polished as anything coming from a major TV network..because that is who are are competing with to a certain extent as people tune into Streaming services like Disney every week there is this merging of online based content ,in the minds of many, so your content better be top notch as well as your knowledge of the subject and even your intro graphics and how your presentation is edited and your sound.

There are so...SO many people doing videos on every aspect of Blender and some of them have Patreon accounts and offer shaders/models etc to monthly supporters who commit to certain monthly ammounts.

The higher quality Channels IMHO seem to be the ones who assume thier target audience prefers to work entirely within the Blender eco-system. ( Use keyboard shortcuts)

I see very few channels for example,that focus on importing and exporting to other apps Like Poser,Daz or Iclone.

Just a few personal observations

My experience has been that subscribers aren't really the hard part, as long as you're patient. "Build it and they will come", as long as you are giving out some good tips. Tutorials will almost always gain subscribers much faster and easier than other types of videos. The real challenge with making a successful tutorial channel isn't so much the fancy graphics and flashy intros. In fact, people seem to complain if you give them an intro longer than 5 to 10 seconds, no matter how "cool" or professional it is. The real challenge is coming up with new ideas every week. Also, people looking for tutorials really want high-quality audio narration, professional-sounding voice narration when it comes to video tutelage. I learned that early on with my channel. Give them quality narration with professional audio and decent content and you will get subscribers. I would definitely recommend investing in a really good mic if you're serious about doing tutorials for a living. Tutorials are subscriber magnets, but it won't come easy.

The problem is to keep the views coming, you need to keep uploading. And uploading. And uploading. You need a new video at least every week, so you'd better have a lot of things to say and a lot of ideas to show, or that's going to be extremely difficult to pull off. Not to mention, you need to edit your videos. More than graphics or intros, the quality of the editing and audio need to be on point, and that means you need to do a lot more than simply screencap your workflow and upload it as a raw video. So it becomes extremely time consuming.

Since video ads only make you less than 1 cent per view, you'll definitely need other means of income. Patreon site or a marketplace where you sell models or something to compliment your tutelage is a good idea. Youtube doesn't let people monetize now until they've got over 1000 subscribers and/or 4000 hours of watch time in the last 12 months. That's not really a big deal, but it could seem like forever to reach that first 1000 subs, especially if you're updating once a week! It's a full time job.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon