Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Superfly - Help me track down what's changed and what's bugged?

Afrodite-Ohki opened this issue on Dec 25, 2020 ยท 108 posts

hborre posted Fri, 25 December 2020 at 8:43 PM

Looking at the skin shader that you are using for P12, I would not use a red subdermal map for subsurface scatter. The SeparateRGB node is separating your image into 3 basic channels and is being fed into corresponding connectors, you are feeding a predominant red image into each channel that, I believe, is giving the wrong color information. I would use a regular base skin texture image without makeup or tattoos as your donor for RGB information. As for the scatter distance mm value for each RGB channel, I recommend using R=5, G=4.5, B=0.9; these values represent the amount of skin penetration for each channel that is close to real physical conditions. This may also help with the self glow. If you are using any SSS radius, the number I found that work is 1,0.2,0.1.

If the hair shader you are using is from Bagginsbill EZSkin3, don't use it for P12. There are error connections to the far right that impede how hair appears in renders. I shifted entirely to ghostman hair shaders, ATM for better renders.

Don't use SSS for eyes, it is entirely unnecessary.