Forum: Poser 12

Subject: The unmentioned death of DSON importation...

JAG opened this issue on Nov 17, 2020 ยท 144 posts

DCArt posted Sun, 22 November 2020 at 5:54 PM

Care to share which new features of any consequence Smith Micro added after they let the original team go in 2016? I'm waiting. 8-)

I'M NOT. WHY YOU THINK I'M STILL WORKING ON P10 MAN?! THEY MESSED UP LETTING THAT ORIGINAL TEAM GO.

I know. I was one of them. And I will repeat. Poser 11 was doing just fine. The problem was that SM's IT division did poorly for a couple of years. There were layoffs company-wide. To cut costs, the graphics team (most of who were in California) were let go, and they moved graphics programming to Portugal where costs were lower. A couple of other people were added in Pennsylvania as well.

But there was very little done to Poser after the original team was let go (one "point" release and two bug fixes for that in 3 years time) and by the time Bondware acquired it I think the graphics division sales were down to probably 10-20% what they were before the original Poser and Moho teams were let go. Your comment would make sense if you got that email after 2016, when the original team was let go.

All of this is verifiable if you read their annual stock reports from 2016 to 2020, where quarterly and annual sales figures are listed.