Forum: Poser 12

Subject: Does Poser 12 support Genesis 7/8/X models?

madmace29 opened this issue on Nov 02, 2020 ยท 73 posts

wolf359 posted Sat, 07 November 2020 at 6:28 AM

As an animated filmmaker I switched from Poser to Iclone several years ago and was retargeting Iclone motion to Daz Characters.

Since the advent of CC3 Pipeline, I have left the Daz genesis character eco system entirely and use Iclone/CC3 for Character animation and send to Blender for rendering.

https://youtu.be/igv--GMiUq4

I did copy my favorite genesis 1,2,3 shapes,skins &hairs over the CC3 Avatars and I have the facegen artist pro software for genesis and may occasionally use that to create likeness of real people from photos ,in Daz studio, before converting to CC3 avatars.

I model all of my own clothing directly for the CC3 bases as CC3 has a better clothing rigging system than Daz studio

Bondware has already stated that they will continue to support LF/LH so they are the defacto native poser figures going forward

A shape projection system to "copy" genesis 3-8 Characters onto LF/LH in poser would probably be the closest thing poser users would get to having "Genesis" 3-8 in poser.

Short of that ,(frankly unlikely event), it is FBX/.obj and the limitations they bring. UNSC DESIGN BLUE.png

My website

YouTube Channel