Forum: Poser 12 - Feature Requests

Subject: I HAVE to say this, cannot sit on it any longer.

McGrandpa opened this issue on Sep 06, 2020 · 91 posts

m_rubensson posted Fri, 11 September 2020 at 11:24 AM

This is just 'general input', my 2p... I often found myself thinking "I would have liked figures to be a little simpler, while still retaining the creativity".

Don't get me wrong - I liked Poser. This is not a criticism, at all. Poser and Daz (and iClone, and Blender etc.) are all good in their ways. But my brain can't keep up with all the massive amounts of menus and options. I have a full time job and when I'm finished in the evening, the day is over.

What I really enjoyed in PPro 2014 was making (a few) comics. I wasn't efficient, but the comics rendering was really cool. Street scenes were difficult since they involve many figures.

Would have been nice to have a SIMPLE "clothes creator" (and simpler figures, maybe more like the Second Life avatars or even The Sims. These advanced near-photorealistic images are very impressive, but I'd like to do more storywriting. So, simpler figures, freely posable in a local 3D space would have been great – without being forced to "play a game" (Sims) or "have an online account in a virtual world" (SL) or "first learning Blender" (ouch!) ... or "first saving up for 3DSMax AND becoming an expert in 3DSMax" (ouch again) ...

The type of "simpler" offline 3D scene builder/3D comic storyboard software I'm imagining is not likely to materialize. Poser was among the best among the ones that were available. It was still complex (for me), but just about workable.

I'll go throw a frisbee for my dog now. In the real universe. And practice my pen and paper drawing skills.

cheers... :)