Forum: Poser 12 - Feature Requests

Subject: I HAVE to say this, cannot sit on it any longer.

McGrandpa opened this issue on Sep 06, 2020 · 91 posts

3D-Mobster posted Mon, 07 September 2020 at 10:22 PM

Sure that is one solution, even though I don't think it's the optimal solution. I wish that these companies would support each other rather than "fighting", but let's be honest the chance of that happening is pretty slim.

To be honest, I think people should spend less time pointing fingers at Daz, and instead point them at Poser. Hardly anything have been done by them to compete against Daz when it comes to content, but rather they have relied on them supplying the main characters for them, for a long time. If you look at the last many releases, Poser have pretty much released with the same old characters since Poser 4 or 5? They then added some new characters, which were pretty buggy and nowhere near the standard that people expect from characters. So not only do the majority of people not find them attractive, but when they at the same time are not really working correctly, you are going to have a disaster, because people won't use them, content creators won't care to make stuff for them, which mean that the characters are pretty much dead on arrival.

And honestly, the only one you can blame for this is those that makes Poser, that they apparently, for whatever unknown reason, don't really understand how important it is, that characters they release meet or even surpass people's expectations. If they don't, people simply won't care about them.

There are so many talented people capable of creating realistic 3d humans, I simply don't believe that they can't hire someone to make one.

image.png

Hossein Diba is a very talented 3D character artist, currently working as Lead Character sculptor at WWE.

image.png

This beautiful 3D fan art of Daenerys Targaryen the Khaleesi by Baolang Zhang is a real time character rendered in Unreal Engine 4.

image.png

This spot-on 3D likeness model of actress Kristen Steward was created by Hyun Kyung using Zbrush and 3ds Max and rendered in Vray.

image.png

3D artist Dan Roarty, lead character artist at Microsoft, created this hyper realistic model of his grandmother. Dan used Maya to create the basic shape then sculpted and textured Nana in Mubox, gave her hair using Shave and a Haircut and rendered her in Vray. All the specular maps were created using a the Knald software.

Dan Roarty has worked for LucasArts on Star Wars, as well as for Crystal Dynamics where he and Kam Yu created the new Lara Croft character for the ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’.

It took me 5 minutes to find these, it can't be so difficult to contact someone that are extremely good at character design and pay them to make a character. Instead of them keep being a step behind Daz and either trying to rely on their characters or releasing half buggy unattractive characters, combined with outdated ones that are 10 or 15 years old, or how old they are? Its not going to cut it.