Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Coming home to Poser

IMP3D opened this issue on Jun 28, 2020 ยท 68 posts

IMP3D posted Fri, 24 July 2020 at 1:19 PM

Thanks for all the advice, everyone, but I may have hit a wall with this.

My first product, essentially a bodysuit and keeping things simple for learning purposes, was fine. The M4 version has been Wishlisted about four times as much as the l'homme, but they've sold nearly equally. My second product is separates for LH only, and it seems I'm not allowed to use the Hide Body Parts poses I did with the bodysuit. This means that I have to work with JCMs, and they're a nightmare. They're not created properly in the Fitting Room; they have to be re-worked with brushes, which are horribly imprecise and can't be used in extreme poses where body parts meet; and they don't even copy properly symmetrically, so that I have to work left and right limbs separately. And - let's be honest - the JCM bulges in some LH poses aren't realistic anyway. In some cases, I'm making the clothing item look wrong to cover where the underlying figure looks wrong.

I modelled, mapped, and rigged in the Fitting Room a working outfit for M4 yesterday in less time than I've spent today failing to get right just two of l'homme's dozen or so hip and thigh JCMs.

I can see the effort that some creators have put into l'homme, but I'm not sure it's worth it for me for a figure who, so far, remains niche at best. If the tools worked - if the rigging worked out of the box, or if there were transparent and precise controls for editing JCMs - it would be different; but if they do, I'm missing it.