Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Been gone for months

rokket opened this issue on Jun 27, 2020 ยท 61 posts

rokket posted Sun, 28 June 2020 at 9:00 AM

SamTherapy posted at 6:56AM Sun, 28 June 2020 - #4393310

Nice to see you back, rokket. Some superb work from everyone here. Makes me feel like I should be getting something done but quite honestly, everything is hard work lately.

Been spending a lot of time making stuff in RL. Made a footstool for Claire, a table for Sam, a drawing desk for Ilona, a pedalboard for me. Next up is a great big huge shelf unit for fish tanks and for the first time ever, I'm going to have to buy some power tools to make it. Spent all my life using hand tools - except for an electric drill - but this project needs some serious gear.

In between fish tank stuff, I'm refurbishing an old desk to use for my computer, which will free up my drawing table. I have to paint my pedalboard and buy Dual Lock to mount the pedals; I have 'em held on with zip ties at the moment, which ain't ideal. Need to source some blank backplates for Boss pedals. The ones that are out there are expensive for what they are. Maybe I can make my own or find a local sheet metal worker to make 'em for me.

After that, I may even get all my Poser modelling stuff finished and released. 😁

I was planning on making myself a desk for my studio. All my recording gear is strewn about, and I need to get a better handle on it. I just bought a Yamaha MG10XU mixer, Boss VE20 processor, and an MXL 990 mic. I threw in some new XLR cables and a new boom stand too. I ordered some new pop filters, but the darned things are on back order. I might be able to get a new one when I get home, but I don't know when that is going to be...

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.