Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: DAZ Studio & Genesis 8 Question:

Retrowave opened this issue on Feb 24, 2020 ยท 11 posts

Retrowave posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 12:33 PM

I'm sure you love teasing me, Wolf, you know very well I'm aware of being able to sculpt in Blender 😁

Check this out, my strange pipeline-loving friend:

So here's the plan ...

At that point I would no longer need DAZ Studio or Windows 10 Professional, and will be able to erase both. This is because I would have a Blender-format Genesis 8 figure saved to a folder and copied to my Linux installation where it can be loaded directly into Blender, complete with morph sliders, whenever I need it. All of the morph sliders will be available directly in Blender, and any clothing and lip-synch I need would be done in Blender directly on the figure. Any rendering and animation would of course also be done in Blender. And should I need to adjust any details not covered by all those morphs, I would just sculpt one directly in Blender, add it to the list of morph dials, and save out an updated version of the figure directly from Blender.

So you see, no need for pipelines of any kind, and no need for Windows of any kind either 😜

It's different for you as you seem joined at the hip to lip-synch and stuff from iClone. That stuff doesn't bother me since all of that stuff can be done directly in Blender much more professionally. Therefore, no pipeline required in my case, as I prefer to do everything in Blender. The only reason I'm attracted to Genesis 8 is the convenience. It's a quality figure, and for the price of that plugin and a few morph packs, it means I get to play with a fully articulated Genesis 8 figure directly inside of Blender, fully rigged and with all morph dials present. As well as the official DAZ morphs, I'll probably pick-up Zev0's breast and buttock morphs along with maybe some musculature morph packs as well. The point is, at the end of the day, every morph I buy will be exported as a morph dial along with the figure, and once it's exported as a Blender-compatible figure, I no longer need anything other than my Linux OS and Blender.

Total cost, about a hundred quid, no pipeline needed and no Microsoft to deal with 😁