Tue, Apr 16, 11:56 AM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 16 5:17 am)

Subject: HeadShop 12 for Poser La Femme now at Rendo

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 9:31 AM · edited Fri, 12 April 2024 at 3:21 PM

Create 3D heads from photographs, and merge two photographs to create one all new 3D head! HeadShop 12 with LoveChild WIN is a standalone app that automatically creates 3D heads from your photographs. HeadShop 12 works with Poser La Femme, and outputs modified morph OBJ files and texture files. HeadShop has been in development since 2007 and regularly introduces features not found in other photo-to-3D software.

RobZhena ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 9:56 AM

Oh, well. Windoze only. Sounds cool, though!

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 10:28 AM

It would be really helpful if there was a video demo of this being used in poser.

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 10:55 AM

There is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPKnqxyTLAU&t=50s

youtube.jpg

Nails60 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 12:02 PM

Thanks for heads up, I searched last night but you get strange results on you tube searching for headshot!

EClark1894 ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 1:26 PM

You're now listed in Poser Content Directory as a vendor for La Femme And L'Homme. Are these the only two figures Headsop can be used for? I can list you in multiple categories if not.

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Sun, 26 January 2020 at 6:37 PM

Please do list in these two directories

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 11:24 PM

Is there any way to change the way this program displays? I bought it, but it's unusable on my computer. On my 2560 x 1440 display, a lot of it is unreadably tiny. The text on the bottom isn't, but it's cut off. I don't see any way to access the menu items that are cut off at the bottom.

headshop.jpg

(Photos are just an example, not a morph I was actually trying to make. Though it looks like it could be fun if it worked.)

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 11:27 PM

Please reduce screen res.

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 11:32 PM

I can't reduce my screen resolution. That causes all kinds of other problems. 2560 x 1440 is the native resolution.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 28 January 2020 at 11:54 PM
Forum Coordinator

Yes the app would do a lot better with a conventional pdf manual and maybe an odd video tutorial for those who are fond of that. These screens are annoying also because the actual screen is hidden. I was under the impression the program had failed.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 7:31 AM · edited Wed, 29 January 2020 at 7:35 AM

FVerbaas posted at 7:24AM Wed, 29 January 2020 - #4378191

Yes the app would do a lot better with a conventional pdf manual and maybe an odd video tutorial for those who are fond of that. These screens are annoying also because the actual screen is hidden. I was under the impression the program had failed.

Same here. Especially since the text was too small for me to read on that first screen. Installation was also kind of a pain, since Windows, in its infinite wisdom, won't allow even administrators to unzip anything into Program Files. (I hate the Windows 10 security measures so much.)

I realize there's probably a fairly small market for this product, and you can't expect the kind of bells and whistles normal software has. I'm glad Poser and La Femme are being supported. But HeadShop is unusable on my computer, and switching to a lower, non-native resolution is not a reasonable solution. Unless there's a real solution, I'm going to have request a refund.

Nails60 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 10:40 AM

Have you tried changing the scale of the programs and apps etc to 100%. I had this problem using a 4k monitor with the recommended scaling of 150% for apps and text. Temporarily changing the scale of those to 100% solved the problem. The developer is aware of the problems with 4k monitors. but told me the solution will not be soon. On a 2560 x 1440 display I find it works fine if the apps and text are set to 100%

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 11:10 AM

Thanks, but I don't think that's a reasonable solution, either. You have to log out and log back in to change the scale, and it completely nukes my desktop. It also makes all my other software unusable. That's a lot of hoops to jump through just to use one program. Then I have to change everything back to use anything else.

Nails60 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 11:55 AM

Log out nd login? Wht version of windows are you using? Can't you just right click on desktop and change display settings?

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 12:20 PM
Forum Coordinator

There is a pdf

Just hidden under the i at the lower right corner of the scren.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 12:41 PM

Nails60 posted at 12:39PM Wed, 29 January 2020 - #4378238

Log out nd login? Wht version of windows are you using? Can't you just right click on desktop and change display settings?

I can, but then I get a little message saying that it won't take effect until I log off and log on. If I do, my desktop ends up with the icons all arranged, and all so tiny I can hardly see them.

It's Windows 10, home edition.

FVerbaas ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 1:41 PM
Forum Coordinator

These images are plain JPG's you can find in C:Program FilesHeadShop12PoserTutorials You can study them there if you want.

Their popping up on every screen change is outright annoying so you best suppress them.

Nails60 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 3:32 PM

randym, strange when I do that it takes effect instantly, yes it changes the size of icons while in effect, but as soon as I go back to original setting everything goes back to the way it was. I'm on windows 11 home, but with Microsoft update system you never know if any 2 machines are on the same build.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 29 January 2020 at 4:35 PM

I wish my system worked that way. I end up rearranging all my icons every time I try to change the scale. They all end up clumped in the upper left corner.

I wonder if it's the video drivers, rather than Windows, that's the difference.

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 4:44 PM

FVerbaas posted at 4:43PM Thu, 30 January 2020 - #4378191

The app DOES have a pdf manual: Find under Help/Tutorial

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 4:45 PM

FVerbaas posted at 4:45PM Thu, 30 January 2020 - #4378258

These images are plain JPG's you can find in C:Program FilesHeadShop12PoserTutorials You can study them there if you want.

Their popping up on every screen change is outright annoying so you best suppress them.

YES!!! There is a "don't show it" button in the lower left hand corner

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 5:02 PM

Dialog scaling is off You see a dialog that looks like this:

1. Right click on your desktop and bring up tyhe „Display Setting” dialog.
  1. Change scale to 100%. Restart HeadShop. Your screen should look right:

Scale.jpg

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 7:53 PM · edited Thu, 30 January 2020 at 8:01 PM

I hate when I accidentally delete messages! LOL

To repeat ...

The example you show above won't work correctly for UHD monitors. In the example you show above, the monitor is 1920 x 1080, which is why that resolution is recommended. At the recommended resolution, UI scale SHOULD be set to 100%.

Using my own case as an example, my video card supports 3820x2160 resolution (or, exactly twice that 1920 x 1080 in width and height), and I have dual monitors. I do a lot of texturing and such and UHD is a boon for that.

But, after installing Poser, I go into the application and I see tiny tiny tiny icons, much like what people are reporting for Head Shop. The solution is NOT to change the resolution in Windows, like you show above. Instead, I go into Poser's preferences, and set the UI scale to 2 (or 200%). After restarting, Poser's UI is readable on my UHD monitor, but the scene in the document window is double the size of what I see in 1920 x 1080 resolution..

Changing the resolution in Windows is not an option when most of the applications you have support high resolution monitors and UHD support is a vital part of your workflow. Having to run all my applications at 1920x1080 defeats the purpose of the high resolution monitors.

Respectfully, I think the better approach would be for Face Shop to provide a setting, much like Poser does, which allows you to control the UI settings within Face Shop itself.

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Thu, 30 January 2020 at 8:18 PM

Good points. We are working on a better solution. My suggestion aims at make it working as long as the new version is being worked on.

SGW ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 12:39 PM

Any plans to add a male Poser character for Headshop 12 for Poser?

AbaloneLLC ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 12:42 PM

Yes!!! Almost ready. A combo LaFemme/LeHomme will be a free upgrade to all current HeadShop users

SGW ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 2:05 PM · edited Sat, 15 February 2020 at 2:06 PM

Thank you, Laslo.

Wonderful!

RobZhena ( ) posted Sat, 15 February 2020 at 7:52 PM

I just bought Head Shop 11 for the Mac (yet another big sale at DAZ). I use Genesis 2, so it will be useful no matter what. But is there a set of character definitions for La Femme that I could transfer if I buy 12 and run La Femme in 11?

fsimandl ( ) posted Mon, 17 February 2020 at 5:16 PM

i have problem with the morph generated by headshop for LaFemme. If the eye position changes when using the morph, the eyeballs stay in place. Is ther any way to change the eyeball position without affecting the head shape ?

SGW ( ) posted Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:29 AM · edited Tue, 25 February 2020 at 11:35 AM

(1) Any news about when this new version will be available?

AbaloneLLC posted at 11:29AM Tue, 25 February 2020 - #4380595

Yes!!! Almost ready. A combo LaFemme/LeHomme will be a free upgrade to all current HeadShop users

(2) My current licensed copy of Headshop 12 LaFemme is from https://printahead.net/ (Abalone LLC website). Where will I be able to download the free upgrade?

(3) Will the new upgrade work with my current license number for Headshop 12 LaFemme?

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 15 September 2020 at 6:23 AM

Anyone know if the scaling problem has been fixed yet? I returned it for a refund because it was completely unusable on my computer, but if it's been fixed, I'll give it another shot.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.