Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Apple future Mac OS compatibility

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Aug 02, 2019 ยท 55 posts

Retrowave posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 1:18 PM

That was a fun rant to read, Shante, and I agree with the sentiment very much!

I love photography, cameras etc, and used to develop my own film and photos in my make-do dark-room (my bedroom). I'd be lying if I said I didn't appreciate modern cameras and the convenience of an instant, digital photo, and the ability to edit it. But at the same time, I can honestly say that if it were possible to wave a magic wand and return ALL of us back to the stage before digital took over, I would do so in a heartbeat, and everyone would thank me for it.

People who can genuinely sculpt would be thankful because they would no longer face the injustice of their living been taken away by 3D printers. People who genuinely know their way around a proper camera enough to take a meaningful photograph in manual mode, would not face the injustice of billions or effortless trash being offered on stock image sites taken mainly by people who could not operate a proper, analogue film-based camera, if their lives depended on it, let alone develop a physical, valuable photo using genuine dodge and burn technique.

What might surprise people though, is that drawing with traditional media is just as popular as it always was, and the amount of views such videos generate on YouTube will demonstrate this. What might also surprise people is that despite this world of digital consumption, Vinyl is now outselling CD, and is even on it's way to outselling digital downloads as well (don't expect Apple to point this out to you). And in the world of photography, two of the big film manufacturers have recently released brand new formulations of film to cater for the growing amount of people who are coming to realise that nothing beats the real thing.

So we're at a point now where the convenience of digital has started to show it's disadvantages when compared to the real, physical, and far more valuable analogue world of pencil to paper, stylus to vinyl, chisel to wood, and light-ray to film.

It's not only still out there, it's doing remarkably well and always will, simply because true artistry that results in an actual physical product, will always be more valuable than virtual bits and bytes. If you miss the look of real film, the feel of a proper, film-based camera, then go search the web and you'll find it all very alive and kicking mate, and if anything, your skills with it will be valued more in the current world we live in, than it would back when we were all using film.

Thankfully Kodak are in on the game now, too, so perhaps THIS might bring a cheeky little smile to your face 😉

You can totally expect to be referred to as a "Hipster" for viewing that webpage, but why wouldn't any guy or gal be happy with being labelled a "Hipster", when it's the polar-opposite of "Sheep"?