Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Apple future Mac OS compatibility

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Aug 02, 2019 ยท 55 posts

shante posted Sun, 02 February 2020 at 11:41 AM

I worked with Windoze machines and never like them. Been with Macs since 1993 and will neer go back to Windoz! Is it just Apple that is caught up in the "Forced Obsolescence" game or EVERY TECH INDUSTRY? I can understand it as a business decision.....afterall in business revenue stream and PROFIT is NEVER good enough.....M.O.R.E.! is always more better! But at my age looking back at the 30 years I have been using tech to create artwork...that doesn't even exist (can't touch it, hold it, display it, collect it or preserve it), having weighed the volume of work I have literally LOST because of my inability to anally keep up with tech changes and religiously backing images up that WANT TO FADE, hell, are MADE TO DISAPPEAR into the ether, I can honestly say I am kinda fed up. Spending more and more time tweaking, synching and upgrading and backing up the damn technology has become the real work and the picture has slowly taken a back seat. If I at least had the end products: the PICTURES, to show whatever depth or breadth I have to show as an artist might not be so bad. But I don't.......really, What, images posted on-line or the few actually published in books or posters? WAY too few compared to all the long hours of hand cramping eye straining, ass flattening and wallet draining work I put into the creative process over the last 30 years on computers. I am about the picture....only the picture....and always about the picture. As an artist THEN nothing else has ever mattered. NOW I no longer know what I am. I am certainly reluctant calling myself an artist! I have not been able to create a singly picture for almost a year now and I am heart-struck. Not because I don't have the desire or the idea but I don't have the damn TOOL! Just thinking i gotta go out and toss yet another $3000 bucks(on top of the countless thousands of dollars I have wasted these last 30 years) into the fat coffer of yet another tech company (and it's not just Apple, what about Adobe, or Microsoft, or Intel or what the frell other company!) just so I can go back to being the picture creator I have been since 3rd grade, makes me want to scream my fool old head off. We let ourselves become slaves or prisoners or freaking slaving prisoners of tech spending way more money than necessary and way more time with tech than on the creative process. I tried taking out my old well cared for technical pens and draw something....anything....on paper again and could not even draw a straight line again. No more pens, pencils airbrushes, no more clay, wood, metal or leather, no more cameras and film and hours in the darkroom watching magic happen. All dead because of my foray into computer-land! I was told I needed it and could not earn a living without it because it was "the future". So, reluctantly I did. And as promised, it did. But at what cost....to me anyway. Now, with less future than past, I look at it all and cringe at how stupid and gullible I was believing it enough to immerse myself in it, so completely and exclusively, at the cost/loss of everything else including my need to create. As DaVinci repeated over and over on his death bed: "TELL ME IF ANYTHING WAS EVER DONE....TELL ME IF ANYTHING WAS EVER DONE!?" At least he had a huge repository of finished artwork to prove he had come this way. If the last 30 years are any indication of my journey, I will not! Really wishing I never got involved with the whole technology race thing..........and apologizing for the rant......signing out............:(