Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does Rendo's Poser 11.2 Allow working offline?

consumer573 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2019 ยท 139 posts

Mythocentric posted Fri, 01 November 2019 at 7:17 PM

OK! Sit back and think for a while. There's no problem with the updates, and incidentally A_Sunbeam, those who previously had Poser 11 did NOT get a free update to Poser Pro, myself included. Poser 11 users had to purchase an upgrade at $99 after which the upgrade to Poser Pro 11.2 was free as it was for everyone else.

3DCritter: Yes, you had a permanent license from SM, albeit one which required you to 'phone-home' every month which was a result of SM's ill-fated attempt to move Poser onto a subscription basis, and I'm sure you remember the controversy that caused, and incidentally started the downhill slide for Poser as far as SM were concerned. Enter Renderosity and suddenly things are looking much brighter. Until, that is you realise that their new license system is even worse than the old one because now, instead of having to contact the server to re-activate your license you are being told to contact the server to renew your lease three times a month in addition to which, if statements on the Daz forum are to be believed, Renderosity have removed the permanent license feature. Now I'm taking statements like that with a pinch of salt for now, but I have to ask, why did I have to read that on the Daz forum and not here? The simple answer is because no one with any authority here is talking, and supplying everyone with the information we need to clear the matter up. Instead we being told to 'show some patience' because they are all excited about how hunky-dory Poser 12's going to be. Do you honestly think thats true when no one is willing to explain why they have imposed a license regime which is even worse than the one which caused so much trouble in the first place? After all, unless there is a great seachange in Renderosity's thinking thats exactly the same license they'll impose on Poser 12. Thats what people are worried about. The rest of it is just hot air from those who think their opinions count more the the rest!