Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does Rendo's Poser 11.2 Allow working offline?

consumer573 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2019 ยท 139 posts

movida posted Sat, 26 October 2019 at 6:23 AM

Mythocentric posted at 6:16AM Sat, 26 October 2019 - #4368349

Hi Rhia474.

"... However, that purchase came with impediments in the form of SM's unfortunate decision to impose its 'phone-home' feature which I believe was originally applied with the intention of putting certain versions of Poser on a subscription-only basis. That feature has been perpetuated and inherited by Bondware. Not an ideal situation and clearly a feature which is detested by many as countless posts here can attest both long before and after Bondwares purchase. That situation is further exacerbated when that feature is not only retained but extended from approximately once a month to every nine days with the added threat of purchasers losing access to the program they have purchased if they do not comply. I would remind you that we are talking about a permanent license here and that has a meaning in legal terms, in fact, at some point in the future could result in a legal challenge being mounted. (I should insert at this point that this is something I have verified with my lawyers, not with the intention of doing so but as a hypothetical test in order to be sure of my facts!) ..."

Agreed. In addition, you'd think that the existence of a viable alternative that is not crippled by phone home would lend itself to a little "eye opening" on the part of the new owners. I do not use any Adobe products newer than CS6 (the last non phone home), I won't use Substance for the same reason. I don't care what app it is nor how much I love it, if they go "subscription" (i.e., analyzing, location, perusing your personal computer, collecting personal data etc., the truth of it) I'm out. Period.