Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does Rendo's Poser 11.2 Allow working offline?

consumer573 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2019 ยท 139 posts

quietrob posted Thu, 17 October 2019 at 7:22 PM

Glitterati3D posted at 5:16PM Thu, 17 October 2019 - #4367496

quietrob posted at 7:18PM Thu, 17 October 2019 - #4367494

Why do we need to phone home at all, after the initial registration?

We were informed that the phone home requirement was part of PP2014GD and Poser 11 by SM. Now, the PP2014GD requirement was not advised up front by them. It was only made public when copies of the software got bricked on offline computers. It was only then that SM owned up to the phone home requirement.

But it was a part of the system requirements list in all copies of Poser 11 on release.

Your last question has to be addressed to Bondware. I can't answer it and quite frankly, won't defend it.

I am just saying we knew going in...........

There is a chance it was in some documentation. I am tempted to say fine print but really I just wanted to get into Poser 11. Who read's that stuff? Even back in the day PP2014GD all act shocked that their software was being forced to call headquarters.

Anyway, I'll check the manual. I am sure you are right, Gliteratti, I didn't know but I suppose I should've.

Okay. Let's move forward. I have a friend who goes without an internet connection for MONTHS at a time. I may be without a connection as well. I think the next update should include, 1) Validate S/N. 2) Remove Check in or 3) Make the license permanent for those with Validated S/N's. Bondware! Can you hear me now?