Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Does Rendo's Poser 11.2 Allow working offline?

consumer573 opened this issue on Oct 11, 2019 ยท 139 posts

Glitterati3D posted Thu, 17 October 2019 at 5:00 PM

gate posted at 5:58PM Thu, 17 October 2019 - #4367482

Glitterati3D posted at 10:48PM Thu, 17 October 2019 - #4367480

gate posted at 4:41PM Thu, 17 October 2019 - #4367477

Smith micro did not have to state that it needs a Internet connection! As it never would of been deactivated if the user was not connected or had it fire-walled.

Not true. If you didn't get a permanent license, Poser would shut down permanently if it couldn't communicate with the server. PP2014GD and Poser 11.

This hasn't changed from SM - only the duration between "phone home" sessions has changed.

Well then it sure is strange that I use a firewalled and blocked Poser 11.1 since the beginning without that I made a Permanent Licence as my Poser never connected to the servers after activation .... ( Must be a Glitch ) 😆

Still the Info given is Miss-leading and does not state anywhere the conditions about having to be connected or do you think that a customer first goes to these forums to be able to check that it needs Periodic activation else Poser goes Puff ???

I say again, nothing has changed except the duration of the phone home cycle.

Your saying otherwise does not make it so.

I got a permanent license, at the encouragement of SM, because I lived in an RV for a while traveling and did not have a reliable internet connection. They told me it would eventually become unusable unless I did so.