Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: PoserFusion help after update?

dugpa opened this issue on Oct 13, 2019 ยท 53 posts

EClark1894 posted Mon, 14 October 2019 at 7:03 AM

randym77 posted at 7:58AM Mon, 14 October 2019 - #4367037

I really wish they'd given people the option of a permanent license of the old version of their software, without the serial check over the net. Or just mirrored the SM server, so it would have been possible to keep using the old software. At least until they could replace the stuff they needed to remove.

It's not right, to forcibly remove features that people depend on. I never used PoserFusion, but I did use Wardrobe Wizard, and had bought a lot of expansion packs for it. (Luckily, I was able to retrieve the script from an old installation of Poser.)

Mirroring the site probably would have meant foregoing the re-branding and the additional content. While the content could have been otherwise distributed, the re-branding was essential. Too many people already think Smith Micro still owns Poser and come here to complain, so continuing to use Poser as if nothing has happened just was not a good option.

If enough people make their feeling about Poserfusion known, I'm sure Bondware will either find a workaround or replacement.