Forum: Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical

Subject: I give up on Poser. Officially.

karibousboutique opened this issue on Sep 21, 2019 ยท 44 posts

karibousboutique posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 4:04 PM

structure posted at 3:44PM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4364623

please try Uninstalling poser using geek uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller on windows ( or drag it into the trash on Mac ) Then reinstall it, your licence should be picked up automatically, allowing you to once more open and use poser.

Add Snarlygribbly's AVFix to get reality working again.

Nope. I looked at my Poser Pro 2014 GD license on Smith Micro's license server before I took the advice on this thread and made it permanent and I do not believe any of the activations listed on the site were for my newest computer -- they have "first activated" dates before this machine was even built. There is therefore no way this machine will ever be picked up by the server, especially now that it is "read only." I have a ticket in to Smith Micro, but I'm NOT optimistic. The PCs that were probably "activated" do not even exist anymore -- which isn't surprising, considering how old the software is. Somehow, my new machine (less than a year old) was not activated on the SM server. Therefore I can try reinstalling until my fingers fall off. The license server isn't wrong -- I DID exceed the maximum number of activations, simply because I've been using the software since 2014, which was THREE computers ago for me.

Thanks, all, for the assistance, but I think I'm just giving up. When I inquired about the issue through official channels here, Renderosity sent me an email saying that I should have read their messages about the Poser 11.2 update. Which, you know, I actually did read -- and which have absolutely zero correlation to Poser Pro 2014GD licensing issues. I am done banging my head on a wall over this. Either SM will take pity on me and magically fix the license or I'm hanging up my Poser days.

For the record, I don't do "online rage-quit drama." I'm just frustrated that there isn't a way to use software I legally paid for and I have enough other tools now to forgo any more angst over the issue. I still will shop here -- just not for Poser content. DS only, I'm afraid.

Intel Core i7-8700 6-Core 3.2 GHz (4.6 GHz Turbo), 32GB RAM, two GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPUs

DS 4.10, Photoshop CC and CS6, Poser 11 Pro, Vue 2016, CarraraPro 64bit, Autodesk Inventor, Mudbox, and 3DS Max

One in 68 children is diagnosed with autism.  One is mine.