Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Thread for those new to Hivewire figures

Glitterati3D opened this issue on Sep 22, 2019 ยท 139 posts

hornet3d posted Mon, 23 September 2019 at 10:43 AM

I am so glad Glitterati3D started this thread and much credit must go to Bondware for including some of the Hive family in Poser so users can see just how good they are. For many years I was using V4 to try and illustrate a sci-fi story that has been bouncing around in my head for what seems a life time. I had what I thought was a character, morphed to create a 5 foot nothing slightly mature heroine for my stories. As my skills with Poser grew, with a great deal of help from Poser users in forums here and elsewhere, I found V4 start to get limiting, expressions in particular were not as life like as I wanted but where was I going to find a replacement figure that had more scope but I could still turn into a petite mature heroine. Luckily two things happen around that time, Dawn SE was launched and 3Dream created some beautiful skin resources here at Rendo. Resource Number 7 was just what I was looking for.

OK so this story could get very long so lets cut to the chase, here is my heroine, Caoimhe, in about the third iteration, the last being reworking so that I could use Superfly as a render engine. Keep in mind I am not looking for photo realistic but more believable.

Forest HR RD.jpg

This helps to show the strengths of Superfly.

Rider RE.jpg

I hope this encourages other to at least try Dawn to see if the figure works for you, after all the only thing it is going to cost you is time.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.