Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser Apple future Mac OS compatibility

DalekSupreme opened this issue on Aug 02, 2019 ยท 55 posts

an0malaus posted Sat, 03 August 2019 at 7:02 AM

You may be able to edit one of the Poser preferences (~/Library/Application Support/Poser Pro/11/Poser Prefs, or similar) to tell poser not to expect sorted file lists from the OS. LIB_ITEMS_SERVER_SORT is the particular preference. Try changing it from 1 to 0, or vice versa and restart Poser to see what effect that may have. It's intended for the Library, of which the Recent renders is not part. If that has no effect, I'd report it as a bug, since that was the purpose of that preference, and Poser should adhere to it everywhere.

Sorry, scratch that. I've just looked at previous posts on this subject and the flag setting is not adhered to by Poser for Recent Renders, which is a bug and should be reported (again). The library sort order on APFS formatted SSD drives under High Sierra and Mojave will have to be performed by Poser, as the OS returns storage order filenames to improve performance. Set LIB_ITEMS_SERVER_SORT to 1 to have Poser sort the library (but not the recent renders).

My ShareCG Stuff

Verbosity: Profusely promulgating Graham's number epics of complete and utter verbiage by the metric monkey barrel.