Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Renderosity Acquires Poser Software

jennblake opened this issue on Jun 20, 2019 ยท 654 posts

EClark1894 posted Fri, 21 June 2019 at 6:38 PM

midnight_stories posted at 7:26PM Fri, 21 June 2019 - #4354000

I'm going to make a suggestion which may not be popular, but here goes. Work on the core of poser so it will support the DAZ weight mapping systems, you don't even have to make a genesis import. It will at least give 3rd party developer a chance to make the plugins to do it. Plus those weight mapping systems are industry standard for games and poser fusion will also need them. Instead 2 communities heading in different direction start going in the same, it's a win win situations for Daz and Poser. Renderosity has a huge stake in this now so Poser must succeed or the market will keep declining. Having more figures in poser will bring more using, which mean more money for development !. So best of luck guys I hope it goes well.

I'll say it won't be popular. But for the 1000th time, let's consider why. Genesis works in DS, but it doesn't work in Poser. Poser figures work in Poser, but not in DS. So let's say we get DS weightmapping and lighting to work in Poser. All of Studio's content now works in Poser, but none of Poser's content works in DS or Poser now for that matter and because it was made with Poser's current lighting in mind, it looks terrible to boot. Now, true, this could be a boon to both Renderosity and DAZ as long time customers of 20 or so years find that none of their Poser content works now and they have to buy all new content to replace the stuff that won't work now. But perhaps I'm painting too grim a picture. Of course, DS is free. You could use all the money you'll save not buying Poser to replace all the content you'll lose in the process. Yeah, I'm willing to bet everyone will be down with that.