Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

wolf359 posted Fri, 14 September 2018 at 1:33 PM

That is part of what is wrong with the 3D community if >you ask

me. If someone posts a tutorial that goes outside of a program,

more often than not it is because it is easier to use another

program or one doesn't do it in the first place. People talk >about

ways of texturing here, and Rendo owns Blacksmith. Are they

deleting all other threads and posts about texturing?

@shvrdavid depends on the area of specialty in which deleting party feel "threatened"

For example Daz does not really consider themselves a Character animation program despite the fact that they have decent third party add-ons for Character animation (aniMate2 ,graphMate,keyMate,mimic live and "Dforce" as a native feature)

Daz sells aniblocks in their store for animating Daz genesis Characters in Daz studio.

I am a vendor over at Flipbookmarketdotcom. Well sell Character animation Data For Max .Maya, Daz Genesis and Poser. My products are for Genesis 2 M/F and the G3 female and I am planning a major release of complex action motions for G8 with ragdoll physics etc.

I have a direct link to my store at Flipbook in my form signature that appears under every post I make in the Daz forums.

Daz has no problem with me essentialy "spamming" for"an offsite commercial entity" that sells animated .duf files for genesis in direct competition with the aniblocks in the Daz store.

Daz never deleted any Iclone discussions because the Iclone women all looked like this: (see the attached image)

Now that they look radically better and can be naked, and will have the option of buit in NVDIA IRay rendering Daz has a "different" policy

That is perfectly fine their forum.. their rules. As Reallusion is seeking to dominate Game Character Asset creation along with human body & facial mocap hardware integration and realtime Autodesk human IK Character motion creation &editing in one unified suite of tools.

As each new genesis release broke compatibilty with Iclone3DXchange, Reallusion has wisely chosen not to depend on a third party providing them with decent looking figures and have developed their own as well as the ability to use other programs figures via FBX.

I personally find it rather ironic that when the disgruntled poser users complained that Genesis 3 and beyond, was not natively compatible with poser, they were rightly told :

"Sorry go tell SM to Fix poser to accept our figure format"

and now that Reallusion Character Creator has done this very thing, they have become the Enemy that shall not be mentioned on the Daz forums.

In general it is Good to see more options for us consumers. Long live capitalism!! gwen ic5reduced.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel