Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Is Poser development dead?

aeilkema opened this issue on May 09, 2018 ยท 270 posts

Male_M3dia posted Fri, 14 September 2018 at 9:35 AM

wolf359 posted at 10:33AM Fri, 14 September 2018 - #4336219

if the posts get deleted, it's probably because the fight that ensues constitutes an app war TOS violation.

Wrong...... from a recent Daz Email notifiying me why my

post was removed:

wolf359 :-Post removed "A post you made to the "Editing Gen 8 in Blender than importing back to Daz, iclone pipeline" thread has been removed as it was simply endorsing an off-site commercial product."

The OP asked about options for sending G8 the Iclone or Blender for animation and bringing back the Data to Daz studio. I explained his options for the two way trip using Iclone 3Dxchange application or .NO problem

The problem was when the OP mentioned that the upcoming Reallusion Character Creator 3 wont need the
separate 3DXchange program to import Genesis figures
and will fit Reallusion clothing to Genesis Via Reallusions
new version of "Autofit"

POOF!!...entire thread Deleted

Yes I can still mention Iclone over there but only in the context of sending a Genesis figure to Iclone Via the 3D exchange program to create exportable BVH motion Data which is what I do in My animated film pipeline.

However any mention of the features of Character creator 3 are deleted and... NO, I dont post links to any offsite competing products.

There is a new thread right now, in the Daz forums, About how Daz has nothing like the poser morph brush. It wont be deleted.for " endorsing an off-site commercial product."

In fact Daz has an actual poser subforum and Poser does not even officialy support the latest genesis Figures& content from the Daz store.

But alas Daz clearly does not consider poser to be direct competition any longer

Notice how Daz has deleted the years old Forum Sticky thread about using genesis in IClone

This deletion coincides with the announcement of the features of Character creator 3.

No problem and to be fair The DAZ forums are Private property.. they can delete any post for any reason as can Rosity or the SM poser forums.

BTW, the new reallusion base female figures do not have to look as good or "better" than genesis 8.

They only have to look better than the poser native girls and be very easy to develop clothing& content for, to attract
Content Devs to the Reallusion marketplace.

Reallusion Character creator is perfectly suited to this task because their "Autofit" will work with nearly Any imported

Biped humanoid (Max ,Maya human IK ,poser,Daz genesis ) and their included Decimate" feature will have one click optimization of rigs for export to game engines (Unity ,unreal etc)

The future of 3D is in Realtime & Character animation where the there is real money to be made.

Daz Studio is a still render potrait program, not targeted to that growing market and thier "Morph3D" sister site has not really made much headway with the gaming community.

IMHO Any potential "poser refugees "looking for a new figure platform, will soon have a real & viable choice other than Daz studio, replete with pretty white girls and PBR.

Competition is good for the consumer.

LOL, well that's standard for any site, not just ole evil DAZ. Go plug a competing product on zbrush's or Maya's site and see how long your account lasts. If you want to sell the virtues of a product, you'd do better writing a blog. Honestly that's rather bad forum etiquette to do that, that's why those posts get blasted. Not sure why there is a discussion of the virtues of iclones figures in a "Is Poser development dead" thread anyway.