Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Thanks !

vampchild opened this issue on Feb 26, 2018 ยท 12 posts

philebus posted Tue, 27 February 2018 at 11:31 AM

My Renderosity account shows 1,003 items in my product library, my DAZ account shows 4,960 items - and I have no idea how much I've purchased from other stores (some long gone) over the years. My Poser Runtime folder is now 333GB - a fair chunk of which has been converted to compressed format, so quite a bit of stuff, all said and done.

And yet, my Renderosity wish list is worth $9,552, with I don't know how many items, while my DAZ wish list as 840 items, not to mention the lists of things I still want from various other stores. In short, more than I can possibly afford to buy in the foreseeable future.

If I am saving money by spending less on Poser products, it is not because of a migration of vendors from supporting Poser to Studio, but rather because I have reached a point where I can make do very well with what I have and don't particular fancy re-buying all the same looking dresses for V8 through to V999 again and again. Poser and even V4/M4 have been around for a long time now and I suspect that a lot of Poser users are in the same situation as myself and feel that their Runtimes are hitting saturation point - of course, we still spend our money, but not like we used to.

Now I'm not saying that I wouldn't like some vendors to resume making Poser products but they don't owe the software any loyalty, nor do they owe that to me. They are, as has been pointed out, trying to earn a living - can't we allow them that?