Tue, Apr 23, 5:47 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd

Poser 11 / Poser Pro 11 OFFICIAL Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 15 3:14 am)

banner

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: little problem with my library

giotim ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2016 at 10:24 AM · edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 7:56 PM

Hi to all,

i've just passed from Poser Pro 2010 to Poser 11 (which is a huge jump, i know, LOL). Once installed P11, and connected all my libraries, when i search something (example "m4" with the filter of "poses") the research gave me only 20 results, every research give me always 20 items, never more of 20, never less. I've tried on the preferences, but i'm not able to find anything releated to this thing. Could you help me?

Thank you!

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 19 October 2016 at 4:20 PM

I think the library has not finished indexing.

Indexing only starts when you go to the search and start a search and will keep going until you stop Poser. Next time you start Poser it will only resume indexing after you go to the Search tab and search for something again.

If you have a large runtime of a large set of runtimes, it may take a while for the indexing to finish.

Easiest is to go to the search tab, start a search and check that indexing has started (Top right will have a blinking orange dot) and then leave poser open and running over night If you have extremely large runtimes (mine is around 1 TB), it will take longer.

You can track what it is indexing in the log window. Open it to see where it is

Once it has been indexed, searching is pretty fast

giotim ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2016 at 12:43 PM

Hey Wimvdb, i've followed your suggestion and leaved the indexing working, after 45 minutes about it has finished, but the results are still 20, i don't know why! I have also attached a photo to show how, after a "m4" research,in the library of poser pro 2010 there are tens of results, and in Poser 11 just 20.!

library.jpg

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2016 at 1:00 PM

Have you installed the Poser 11 service releases?

The latest one is Service release 11.0.5 from sept 15. I suspect you have not since I do not see any folders in the search. You can get it via the download manager.

Just in case you do not have it, get it here: http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-pro-11-updates.html

giotim ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2016 at 1:33 PM

great, thank you!

ypvs ( ) posted Sun, 23 October 2016 at 6:50 AM

If you're a Windows user you can right click over a folder and 'Open in Explorer' and use Windows search.

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

giotim ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2016 at 3:10 AM

Thank you! with the last update i solved this thing. Since i passed from Poser Pro 2010 to Poser 11, i found that now the Library is only inside the software, not external as it was in PP2010, and in the options there is not the chance to do it, it is so?

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2016 at 12:35 PM

giotim posted at 7:17PM Mon, 24 October 2016 - #4287688

Thank you! with the last update i solved this thing. Since i passed from Poser Pro 2010 to Poser 11, i found that now the Library is only inside the software, not external as it was in PP2010, and in the options there is not the chance to do it, it is so?

You cannot make the library external from within Poser. However, there is a very simple solution: Run the library in your own browser (IE or Chrome, have not tried others).

Close Poser

Open poser.ini

Change LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT to 1

Save poser.ini

Start Poser

--- You will now get an empty page with an error. Copy and save the Release URL

Close Poser

Open poser.ini (if you have closed it_

Change LIBRARY_EXTERNAL_CLIENT back to 0

Save poser.ini

quit poser.ini

Start poser

Open browser

Paste the IRL into the adressbar

---- Now you have your external browser

Save it as a favorite

Tips with this: Create a separate instance of this and save it to your desktop or taskbar. In it set the URL to be the home page. You can now also open a new tab so you can have different views in the library!

Poser.ini can be found in Users//Appdata/Roaming/Poser Pro/11

Netherworks ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2016 at 4:35 PM

Here are some additional external library tricks. Some things I do myself.

• Install an alternative browser for your external library. You could go with Seamonkey, Firefox, Opera or something similar. The reason is that you can configure your alternative browser to be very minimal compared to something you are using often. I run 64-bit Firefox normally and use Seamonkey as my Poser Library browser.

• Make a browser shortcut that points directly to the contentlibrary.html. In Windows, you'd add the IRL that wim mentioned at the end of the Target entry box. So, I have: "C:Program Files (x86)SeaMonkeyseamonkey.exe" http://127.0.0.1:11530/nonVirtualAssets/ContentLibrary/release-1.9.1/ContentLibrary/ContentLibrary.html as my "Target".

• You can customize the shortcut of the above with a different "icon" by using "Change Icon" (Windows). I used the AIR library icon in the .exe. You can use whatever icon you are comforable with. You can then pin this to the taskbar (or whatnot) and it will have the icon in that pinning. This will help distinguish it from having a different browser open.

giotim ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2016 at 11:58 AM

Hey wimvdb, wow thank you! i've tried, changing the poser.ini, but then i have not saw any kind of error message once opened Poser, what i have made of wrong?

wimvdb ( ) posted Fri, 28 October 2016 at 5:50 PM

When you changed poser.ini, was poser closed? If it was still open, it would have rewritten de poser.ini, throwing away you changes. So close poser first, then open poser.ini, change it, save it, then start poser again

giotim ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2016 at 11:03 AM

It worked WIMVDB, thank you very much, is really more easy to work in this way!

giotim ( ) posted Sun, 13 November 2016 at 11:07 AM · edited Sun, 13 November 2016 at 11:08 AM

since i'm starting to work with this, did you all have some suggestions to optimize the software? i mean, i have not a great PC, so if there are some ways to not work too much slowly let me know. Thank you!

giotim ( ) posted Wed, 07 December 2016 at 1:47 AM

Hi to all, i don't want to open another thread, since i think it's always something related to the library of Poser 11 and since i'm still new with this version of the software: My new problem is:

• on Poser pro 2010 (my previous version of the software), if for example i was searching "M4" on the library, with the filter "poses", my resuslts were a mix of poses and folders with inside poses. Scrolling down with my keyboard arrow, the moment i were over a folder, it automatically opened and showed me its contents. Now in Poser 11 it seems that the moment i'm over a folder, nothing happen and it pass to what is next, if i want to see what there is in that folder i need to click on it and open in the other section of the library. It is normal? i mean, it's not a big problem, but it seems less immediate than the older version, it's not?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.