Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Stargate Atlantis - gate room under construction

seachnasaigh opened this issue on Jul 13, 2016 ยท 102 posts

seachnasaigh posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 3:50 AM

Thank you, SamTherapy! And thank you, Kendra! 😀 I tried drawing a stained glass map for the Lantean doors; it's passable, but I'm sure someone else could do better. Also, trying out a Fresnel effect on the hex column chiclets, so as to avoid that whiteout on the column, and to show the chiclet edges and give them some shape (avoiding the silhouette appearance). Softened the illumination of the transporter control buttons. Enhanced the grooves in the hex columns, but the finer swirled stipple pattern is still not showing.

Atlantis transporter Aug25 U.jpg

I also drew a stained glass pattern for the balcony door; it's, um, well, better than nothing. That is the Aug25 version of the balcony door. I'll put together an OBJ & template pack for the balcony door and the big doors off to the side of the gate dias (I call them the Furling doors). There is also a fine-grained bump pattern on the wall sconce light pillar, but at this distance I can't see it. The glow panel in the low wall of the main stair landing is way over bright; I'll dial that down to a gentle "nightlight" glow, so that the inset depth shows. I used a random circuit motherboard pattern across all of the control crystals of the piano just to be able to see if the differential brightness works (it does). I'll wait for your control crystal map. 😃 Oh, I need to add Fresnel to the control crystals, to emphasise their shape. The Asgard communication stone will get some Futharken script around the perimeter.

balcony door A25 G.jpg

I'm working on the triangular conference room table this morning.

Glass template for Aug25 Furling doors:

Furling_door_A25_glass.png

Template for Aug25 balcony doors:

balcony_door A25.png

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5