Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project E

vampchild opened this issue on Apr 08, 2014 ยท 337 posts

Anim8dtoon posted Sun, 10 July 2016 at 1:50 PM Forum Moderator

erogenesis posted at 1:47PM Sun, 10 July 2016 - #4275238

FYI guys, for those that don't know, PE is postponed because there were just way to many problems, costing me too much money and time. I've fudged my own adaptation of PE and I'm now using her in my comics. I've decided to just concentrate on a very watered down version of the figure so that you guys can at least play with something. More info on my blog.

However to proceed even with this I need PE to work in P11. I need some of the new tech to complete it, and its just silly to release a figure that doesn't work in their latest version of Poser. I've asked Nerd to help sort this out, but I haven't heard anything from Nerd in a while. I hear he's sick or something. Without Nerd fixing the issues in P11 with PE, there's little I can do.

The main issue at the moment is that hardly any of the JCMs, FBMs or even body controls work in P11, while they work fine in PP2014. The issue of the FBMs is due to 'looped dependencies'. The excuse I got was that this was apparently a problem and caused instability in P10... (never had any issue with it). But now they 'fixed' it in P11. Well no they broke it basically. If they won't fix it, consider PE cancelled because its just ridiculous to expect me (or anyone) to delve into the CR2 and edit 300 lines of code that they broke (I actually did several times but couldn't spot anything). Another suspect is the new 'Master Sync' which I from day one suspected to be a very bad idea. I've been proved right many times and begged for them to make it optional and not default. But to no avail.

Guys, if any of you are in contact with SM, get them to fix this. Otherwise PE just ain't happening. Nerd has PE, I recently sent him another copy.

On a personal note: my relationship with Poser is at an end. If it wasn't for all the comic work I have planned, I'd already be using C4D now. I might be using Poser for a while until I have time to teach myself something new. Poser has great potential, one can still make great art with it, but somewhere between SM's style and the way Poser is designed, there is an enormous amount of fail that doesn't give me any confidence in a future with it.

Erogenesis, what do you mean by a "very watered-down" version of PE? I would gladly pay for the full version, and I'm sure many others would do as well. You have way too much talent as it is to give up before the horse race is over! Keep plugging along and ultimately, there will be a successful outcome. Take it from a battle-scarred warrior like me! 😃