Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project E

vampchild opened this issue on Apr 08, 2014 · 337 posts

wolf359 posted Wed, 25 May 2016 at 9:14 AM

“I get it…I’m still waiting for them to get serious about competing with Iclone,They’re still determined to play catch-up with Daz”

Hi why would you be waiting for SM to Get serious about competing with Iclone??

As an Iclone user I can attest that Iclone Was created specifically to address the needs of people who are interested in Visual story telling through CG Character animation and exporting & re-targeting that Character motion Data for use in other programs.

SM has correctly determined that the prevailing majority of what remains of their poser user base are still render makers (mostly female portraits).

Thus they have left the animation features of poser entombed back in the late 1990’s where they found them when they acquired poser from “E-frontier”

And the majority of the users here don’t care As they don’t animate.

I am certain that All of the “bugs” encountered by the project E development team have been well known by SM and the user base here. But why would SM care when they have a dedicated core group of loyalists/apologist’s Who will rush to buy the latest version ,sight unseen ,out of pure tribalist loyalty and proudly display their “Poser Ambassador” forum Avatars.

While their new product Manager publicly admits that the state of the animation tools “Makes me Sad”<<( A verbatim Quote)

As far as Daz goes, SM cant reasonably be expected to compete with the Loss Leader business model of the free Daz Studio with a $400+lumbering,regressive program with “poorly received” native figures.

Even with a poorly documented iteration of Blender cycles Duct taped on to it.

My website

YouTube Channel